DRV8825 Motor Driver Question

Thread: DRV8825 Motor Driver Question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default DRV8825 Motor Driver Question

Hello cnczone community!
    First of all, please excuse, english is not my native language and i am pretty new in the stepper motor world.
    I am using this NEMA-23 Bipolar Stepper Motor https://www.phidgets.com/?tier=3&cat...=21&prodid=351 for my bachelor thesis project.
    My plan is to control this stepper motor with an Arduino Uno with the help of a DRV8825 Stepper Motor Driver https://www.pololu.com/product/2133 .

But as you can see, the stepper motor has a rated current of 2.8 A, while the driver is designed for 1.5 A per phase (2.2 A with cooling, but let's
    pretend it's not possible)

My question is now: Can i use this driver? If not, which driver would be the best?

Many thanks in advance, i really appreciate any help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: DRV8825 Motor Driver Question

Your motor might work on this driver but the power will be far below the ratings of the motor.
    Have a look at the TB6600 stepper motor drivers on the internet. Yes they are more expensive than the DRV8825, but they will do the job at a very reasonable price.
    Don't go for the a bit cheaper TB6560 as they have a rather bad reputation.
    The good thing about the DRV8825 is that it's more or less compatible with most of the drivers ( also the TB6600 ) in relation to how you control them.
    So the TB6600 will work perfectly controlled by a Arduino Uno ( or any other Arduino )