High pitched noise at idle

Thread: High pitched noise at idle

Downloads
    Uploads

Default High pitched noise at idle

Hello, I'm currently building my first "large" CNC machine and I have stumbled upon my first problem which manifests itself as high pitched whine when motors are idle/stationary, I'm using LinuxCNC to control the motors.
    Is the high pitched noise normal for TB6560 driver? Noise can be heard in the included video.

I'm using:
    • 3X NEMA23 270oz"in 3A motors
    • TB6560 driver
    • 24V 15A PSU

TB6560 config:
    • Current 75%
    • Decay FAST
    • Micro stepping 1/2

Cheers!

I searched the forums before posting this and I think that its caused by PWM but not sure.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: High pitched noise at idle

If using cheap TB6560 drivers they are some issues,,, there is a whole thread regarding this driver.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...-software.html

-Increase driver switching frequency
    -Use slow decay or Mixed instead of Fast

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ivanzu View Post
    Hello, I'm currently building my first "large" CNC machine and I have stumbled upon my first problem which manifests itself as high pitched whine when motors are idle/stationary, I'm using LinuxCNC to control the motors.
    Is the high pitched noise normal for TB6560 driver? Noise can be heard in the included video.

I'm using:
    • 3X NEMA23 270oz"in 3A motors
    • TB6560 driver
    • 24V 15A PSU

TB6560 config:
    • Current 75%
    • Decay FAST
    • Micro stepping 1/2

Cheers!

I searched the forums before posting this and I think that its caused by PWM but not sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM1y7TMZ57w
    At this stage my advice is get three DQ542MA drivers and you'll never look back. The high pitched noise is typical for the TB6560 drivers, can be improved but never really eliminated. Those boards are really poor design and the TB6560 has a design flaw (bug + design error in the chip), meaning that you will eventually fry the driver, just a question of when, not if...

You may reduce the noise if you modify the board, but it takes a lot of work and you'll never be happy. Also, you should increase micro stepping to 8x for smoother run, but the best is to bite the bullet and get better drivers.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Ty for the help, i'll try fixing them but if that fails which store can I use to order stepper drivers in EU ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Well after examining the TB6560 it seems that I have a different version of it. ̶T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶c̶a̶p̶a̶c̶i̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶p̶i̶n̶7̶(̶c̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶)̶ and I think that mine has power delay ON/OFF from what I can see when I power it on and off , I cant find any current reduction circuit too. The heat sink is grounded, tested with continuity test I guess that they did fix some of the stuff on these boards.

PS

• Heat sinks are already grounded to pin15 and not pin5 which is good.
    • Found the capacitor at pin7, measured at 140 pF.✔

TB6560 can be found on Ebay for 2$ I might start designing my own board.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails High pitched noise at idle-img_20180112_224203-jpg   High pitched noise at idle-img_20180112_224128-jpg  
    Last edited by ivanzu; 01-12-2018 at 07:47 PM.