Need Help! Stepper motors, PSU, Drivers???

Thread: Stepper motors, PSU, Drivers???

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Stepper motors, PSU, Drivers???

Hallo world ;-)

Im new in this kind of hobby and I wanna build my first cnc machine for milling some plywood.
    Dimmensions 170x100cm
    I have find some cheap stepper motors and Im wondering if it make any sense to buy them.
    Im trying to find datasheet for that steppers but I have no luck.
    If that steppers are any good for what I need, I would like to buy drivers and power supply for them from ebay, so I need your help guys.
    thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english

Greetings from Croatia

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...d=374472&stc=1

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stepper motors, PSU, Drivers???-img_20170930_165948-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Stepper motors, PSU, Drivers???

I wouldn't buy any motors without any specifications (and I couldn't find any for those either), but I suppose it's possible to deduce them if you've got the right testing equipment. Lacking that, I'd say pass on these and look for some that come with a data sheet so you get the ones you really want. While there may be some good options on Ebay, there are also lots of "kits" made up of wildly incompatible parts there - the only thing that they've got in common is cheapness. I'd suggest building the frame of your machine first, and use the time that takes to read more about stepper motors, drivers and power supplies, so you don't have to spend money twice for the same things.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    I wouldn't buy any motors without any specifications (and I couldn't find any for those either), but I suppose it's possible to deduce them if you've got the right testing equipment. Lacking that, I'd say pass on these and look for some that come with a data sheet so you get the ones you really want. While there may be some good options on Ebay, there are also lots of "kits" made up of wildly incompatible parts there - the only thing that they've got in common is cheapness. I'd suggest building the frame of your machine first, and use the time that takes to read more about stepper motors, drivers and power supplies, so you don't have to spend money twice for the same things.
    First of all, thank you awerby for your reply.
    Everything you said make sense, so i give up of buying these steppers. I dont have any testing equipment (dont even know how it looks like, me and electricity )
    I have build the table, now i need steppers to build my Y-axis. It will be easier to build it when i have these motors in my hands, then ill know exactly where to drill holes and what to do with it. I know its maybe weird to you, but this is how i roll
    I will be very grateful if you could recommend me what 4-axis kit from ebay is ok for my needs in range for about 200$ - 250$. like i say, im building CNC machine for milling plywood, sometimes solid wood boards, and maybe aluminium sheets. spindle will be 1.5kw water cooled and machine will be builded from aluminium profiles and waterproof plywood panels. The x-axis will be driven by belts so i need to mount motors on Y-axis, one motor from each side and Y,Z-axis will be driven by ball lead screw.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here's all the dimensions you'll need: Slowing 69.16.243.61&c=1&t=43011.573693287 . Normally, for a router the size of yours, you'd use 23-frame steppers, or at most, NEMA 34. I'm not sure if there's anything on Croatian Ebay in that price range that I can really recommend; I'd expect to pay somewhat more for 4 steppers, 4 decent drivers, a breakout board and a power supply. But I will reiterate my advice to build your frame first and keep reading up on the motion-control stuff, before you purchase a bunch of high-induction motors, crappy drivers, and an inadequate power supply.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]