Minitech Minimill-2 controller question

Thread: Minitech Minimill-2 controller question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Minitech Minimill-2 controller question

I recently got an old Minitech Minimill-2 without a computer or software. I found the schematic of the parallel port on the machine and found that an arduino and gbrl should run it. I hooked everything up and cant get any movement at all out of it. When powered on, the stepper motors hold tight. If there is no power, they move very freely.

I found some kits on Amazon that come with the arduino, cable, cnc shield, and stepper drivers. I think I am going to remove the current control and go with the kit. The numbers on the stepper motors are 35 in\oz 5v 200 steps/rev and 2 amp. Will the drivers that come with these kits drive those stepper motors?

Thanks,
    Wayne

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Minitech Minimill-2 controller question

If you do have the schematic of the parallel port, I would try to get it running with the current drivers.
    just wire one of the axis ( ground, direction and step ) and see if you can get it working, from there on add more. Never connect or disconnect any cable while power is on unless you know for sure it won't harm the electronics.
    Because your motors hold when power on, at least the drivers do something and are enabled. set the direction signal high or low and toggle the step, the motor should rotate some degree.
    Rgds Toin.