Up front... I am waiting for my Gecko Drives to come back from repair for my CNC machine. In the mean time, I thought I would try the cheap TB6600 from Ebay to continue my plasma table project. For the price, I thought I would take a chance with it. At any rate, I wired it up and it wouldn't work. I have other bigger drivers for the project and they worked when I hooked them up. So this narrows it down to the TB6600. I figured out that if I change the output to a low setting for the steps the motor will run, but only one direction. If I take off the Direction wire it runs the opposite way. I measure 3.84 volts from direction wire from the computer and it drops when I change directions on the keyboard.
I am running Mach 3 through an old school break out board that just has traces to the computer cable. If the voltage was too low for it to recognize it, I would think disconnecting the wire would not make a difference. My thought about it is connecting a resistor to ground to drop the voltage when that direction is not in use. Any ideas would be appreciated. I know the Chinese drivers are a sore subject and I highly recommend Geckos just for the peace of mind.

Dave