Need Help! Stepper motor driver problems

Thread: Stepper motor driver problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Stepper motor driver problems

I have a problem with the chinese stepper drive i bought. The driver is HY-DIV268N-5A.

My problem is that the motor will not turn. As i power up the driver the motor will freeze into position, so i know it does receive current. But as i try to turn it it will not turn. I set the pins in the Mach3 to active low, and wired the driver like in the photo.
    I swaped the pins on the Break out board with the pins from a driver that i know works to check if the pin work( as my 2 first pins on the Bob do not), and they do. I wired the stepper to another driver (dq860ma) to check the motor and it works.I tried connecting the EN+ to my +5v but no change. I am stumped as to what is wrong.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...d=369754&stc=1

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stepper motor driver problems-pt-forum-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by darius12 View Post
    I have a problem with the chinese stepper drive i bought. The driver is HY-DIV268N-5A.

My problem is that the motor will not turn. As i power up the driver the motor will freeze into position, so i know it does receive current. But as i try to turn it it will not turn. I set the pins in the Mach3 to active low, and wired the driver like in the photo.
    I swaped the pins on the Break out board with the pins from a driver that i know works to check if the pin work( as my 2 first pins on the Bob do not), and they do. I wired the stepper to another driver (dq860ma) to check the motor and it works.I tried connecting the EN+ to my +5v but no change. I am stumped as to what is wrong.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...d=369754&stc=1
    Try a different BOB...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Stepper motor driver problems

I tried another breakout board, still the same result, the motor freezes into place but does not move. I used this bob jk-02, and set up the X axis on pins 2 (step) and 14(dir) with all combinations of active low i could in mach 3, no change. could it be my 48V power supply?

Last edited by darius12; 08-09-2017 at 02:29 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by darius12 View Post
    I have a problem with the chinese stepper drive i bought. The driver is HY-DIV268N-5A. My problem is that the motor will not turn. As i power up the driver the motor will freeze into position, so i know it does receive current. But as i try to turn it it will not turn. I set the pins in the Mach3 to active low, and wired the driver like in the photo. I swaped the pins on the Break out board with the pins from a driver that i know works to check if the pin work( as my 2 first pins on the Bob do not), and they do. I wired the stepper to another driver (dq860ma) to check the motor and it works.I tried connecting the EN+ to my +5v but no change. I am stumped as to what is wrong. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...d=369754&stc=1
    You need to ENABLE the drive using either E+ or E- depending on your set-up. Hope this helps Iron-Man

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Iron-Man View Post
    You need to ENABLE the drive using either E+ or E- depending on your set-up. Hope this helps Iron-Man
    Tried it, no change. I think i will call this one a bust, and buy another one.