CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam

Default CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam

Hi. I'm new here on this CNC discussion forum. I would like to express some doubts that I am at the moment and if you can give some tips I would greatly appreciate this kindness.
    I have a CNC and the TB6550 board with output LPT pins 1-25. I recently bought the program Estlcam because I found it very interesting, mainly about the simplest way (apparently) of zeroing the axes x, y and z. I bought Arduino UNO Original. I would like to know how to make these links, from the TB6550 board to the Arduino UNO to use the Estlcam program. Attached photos. Thank you all for the attention! ;-)
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-arduino-uno-original-jpg
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-estlcam-pin-layout-usb-controller-jpg
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-tb6550-board-jpg
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-tb6550-board-jpgCNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-adapter-pins-1-25-lpt-tb6550-arduino

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam

without seeing the TB6560 l or Arduino manuals
    my initial thought on how to connect the Arduino UNO to the TB6560
    using all 5 inputs and 10 of the possible 12 outputs

CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-mach3-printerport-arduino-jpg

you will need to check the TB6560 manual for functions of each of the pins as they have used them on your board -
    very often the pin function used is to make PCB track layout easier and
    not to make the pins used follow logical order

I expect they have used 6 of the 8 data output pins (2 to 9 ) for the 3 axis step & direction drives ,
    check what pin (or pins ) they have used to enable the stepper drivers !

the other thing you need to check is the arduino outputs you use can provide enough current
    to drive the TB6560 inputs

John

PS

depending on the motors you use , the TB6560 board can be OK if you don't push it to its limit

other users have had problems as outlined in this thread -

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...-software.html

Last edited by john-100; 08-02-2017 at 10:04 AM. Reason: add PS

Quote Originally Posted by john-100 View Post
    without seeing the TB6560 l or Arduino manuals
    my initial thought on how to connect the Arduino UNO to the TB6560
    using all 5 inputs and 10 of the possible 12 outputs

you will need to check the TB6560 manual for functions of each of the pins as they have used them on your board -
    very often the pin function used is to make PCB track layout easier and
    not to make the pins used follow logical order

I expect they have used 6 of the 8 data output pins (2 to 9 ) for the 3 axis step & direction drives ,
    check what pin (or pins ) they have used to enable the stepper drivers !

the other thing you need to check is the arduino outputs you use can provide enough current
    to drive the TB6560 inputs

John

PS

depending on the motors you use , the TB6560 board can be OK if you don't push it to its limit

other users have had problems as outlined in this thread -

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...-software.html
    Thank you John! ;-)

I am a beginner in Cnc world...
    This link is the manual i think

http://www.victortrucco.com/CNC/CorrecoesTB6560/3Axis_Manual.pdf

I bought my cnc and came with
    Tb6550 board
    Mach3
    And after i bought the Smooth Stepper 1.2 to use USB

The cnc is ok , but i would like to use "auto Zero" to facility my luthier working, to make guitars.
    So i discover the Estlcam that do this, i think. I Mail the Estlcam programer but no answer..
    I am trying to link the tb6550 to Arduino Uno but i have douts, i don't know how, tô link the pins etc And tem use the Estlcam...
    Some douts:
    1-The Probe i Put One or two wires? where? on the tb6550 or on the Arduino D06?
    2-Looking the manual in the link above Mach3 show only one output 1-pin 9? Does not show output 2. What link on Arduino?
    3-Looking the manual...show x, y, z enable pins 2, 6, 14. Where i link them on Arduino?
    4-i don't know what is to link on D04, D05, D07 on Arduino...
    I turn the spindle on and off separately.
    5-the cnc does not have limit switchs, so what link on D08-D13 on Arduino.
    6-When show pin 7, for exemple, on the manual, a considera the db25 female or male? I'm confused...
    Thank you John!
    Cheers!!!👍👍
    Ps: sorry my english 😌

Downloads
    Uploads

using the TB6560 manual I have added more detail to this diagram

CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-tb6560-board-arduino-jpg

"1-The Probe i Put One or two wires? where? on the tb6550 or on the Arduino D06?"

you need a two wire connection - ground and D06 on the arduino ,
    using the TB6560 boards input circuit will give the ATMEL IC on the arduino some protection
    on the diagram I have shown the probe being connected to the pin 13 input on the TB6560 board

one advantage with the Arduino uno you have is a replacement ATmega328 pre programmed with the Arduino UNO 16 MHz Bootloader is available
    A000048 ARDUINO, Microcontroller, Pre-loaded with Arduino UNO 16 MHz Bootloader, ATmega328, DIP-28 | Farnell element14

"2-Looking the manual in the link above Mach3 show only one output 1-pin 9? Does not show output"

not sure what the equivelent is on the Estlcam or what you want to control

3-Looking the manual...show x, y, z enable pins 2, 6, 14. Where i link them on Arduino?

the simple solution could be to connect the TB6560 boards enabe inputs to +5V from the arduino

"4-i don't know what is to link on D04, D05, D07 on Arduino"

I would use the D04 to control the relay on the TB6560 board to switch the spindle motor on and off , or Vacuum pump for dust collection
    D05 is a PWM signal could be used to control a motor speed control board
    D07 not using Estlcam I'm not sure what kind of error D07 monitors could it be an E-stop ????

"5-the cnc does not have limit switchs, so what link on D08-D13 on Arduino."

if Estlcam is like Mach3/4 leave them open circuit and set up Estlcam for no limit switches

( an alternative way , if the default Estlcam setup is for a normally closed switch to ground you could hard wire the D08-D13 inputs to the arduino ground )

"6-When show pin 7, for exemple, on the manual, a considera the db25 female or male? I'm confused..."

the TB6560 board has a 25 pin D-type plug (male) for the connection to a PC's parallel printer port
    so the wires from the arduino need to be connected to a 25 way D-type socket (female) to replicate the socket on the back of a PC

for example the arduino A0 ( X Dir output ) needs to be connected to pin 2 on the TB6560 boards 25 pin plug

John

Last edited by john-100; 08-04-2017 at 04:23 AM. Reason: add ref to pre programmed Arduino UNO 16 MHz Bootloader

Thank you John!

using the TB6560 manual I have added more detail to this diagram

"1-The Probe i Put One or two wires? where? on the tb6550 or on the Arduino D06?"

you need a two wire connection - ground and D06 on the arduino ,
    using the TB6560 boards input circuit will give the ATMEL IC on the arduino some protection
    I dont know what is that you mean(sorry)
    on the diagram I have shown the probe being connected to the pin 13 input on the TB6560 board
    Two wires. So link a wire from pin 13 to D06. And the ground wire, where a link?

one advantage with the Arduino uno you have is a replacement ATmega328 pre programmed with the Arduino UNO 16 MHz Bootloader is available
    I dont know what is for (sorry) Is good?
    A000048 ARDUINO, Microcontroller, Pre-loaded with Arduino UNO 16 MHz Bootloader, ATmega328, DIP-28 | Farnell element14

"2-Looking the manual in the link above Mach3 show only one output 1-pin 9? Does not show output"

not sure what the equivelent is on the Estlcam or what you want to control
    I mean that the Mach3 Window show output 1 to pin 9. Not to pin 17.

the simple solution could be to connect the TB6560 boards enabe inputs to +5V from the arduino
    You mean to link the 2,6,14 to 5V (on the left Arduino board-behind 3,3V-Power?)

I would use the D04 to control the relay on the TB6560 board to switch the spindle motor on and off , or Vacuum pump for dust collection
    My spindle Strat and stop externaly. There isnt board connection.
    I dont know what pin to link here . PWM?
    D07 not using Estlcam I'm not sure what kind of error D07 monitors could it be an E-stop ????
    I dont know too
    Mach3 window(manual link) show e-stop to pin 13...

if Estlcam is like Mach3/4 leave them open circuit and set up Estlcam for no limit switches

( an alternative way , if the default Estlcam setup is for a normally closed switch to ground you could hard wire the D08-D13 inputs to the arduino ground )
    And pins 10,11, 12. (D08-D10)

"6-When show pin 7, for exemple, on the manual, a considera the db25 female or male? I'm confused..."

the TB6560 board has a 25 pin D-type plug (male) for the connection to a PC's parallel printer port
    so the wires from the arduino need to be connected to a 25 way D-type socket (female) to replicate the socket on the back of a PC

for example the arduino A0 ( X Dir output ) needs to be connected to pin 2 on the TB6560 boards 25 pin plug
    I bought an adapter. See the photo
    Is a female db25. I need to know what pin 2, for example is. Is a see the female (front), pin 2 is the second hole right to left, so the the male pin Will be pin 12, ir a see the male db25(front). Understand what i Mean?

Thank you very much for the attention John! You are helping me so much!!
    Cheers!!! 👍👍🙌🏻

John

Hi John! Did you see my last douts my friend? Sorry the inconvenience!
    Thank you!

Downloads
    Uploads

for question 1 if the diagram in post 4 was not clear

connect the probe between the TB6560 input 13 and the common on the 5 pin input connector

for the arduino and TB6560 board connections

connect the TB6560 printer port pin 13 to the arduino D06
    and connect the TB6560 printer port ground pins 18 to 25 and the Arduino ground / negative supply

I am not sure of what has been lose in translation in your 2nd point if thats what your asking

("2-Looking the manual in the link above Mach3 show only one output 1-pin 9? Does not show output"

not sure what the equivelent is on the Estlcam or what you want to control )

more details will help

john

[QUOTE=john-100;2079350]for question 1 if the diagram in post 4 was not clear

connect the probe between the TB6560 input 13 and the common on the 5 pin input connector

for the arduino and TB6560 board connections

connect the TB6560 printer port pin 13 to the arduino D06
    and connect the TB6560 printer port ground pins 18 to 25 and the Arduino ground / negative supply

Ok!

I am not sure of what has been lose in translation in your 2nd point if thats what your asking

("2-Looking the manual in the link above Mach3 show only one output 1-pin 9? Does not show output"

not sure what the equivelent is on the Estlcam or what you want to control )

Looking the manual in the link
    http://www.victortrucco.com/CNC/Corr...xis_Manual.pdf
    shows output 1 to pin 9 (Fig. 6) (Arduino D03)

Your diagram is output 1 to pin 17...(d03)
    And pin 9 to Arduino D04...

3-Looking the manual(link above)...shows x, y, z enable pins 2, 6, 14(Fig. 6). Where i link them on Arduino?

You mean to link the 2,6,14 to 5V (on the left Arduino board-behind 3,3V-Power?)

My spindle start and stop externaly. There isnt board connection.
    I dont know what pin to link here . PWM?
    I dont know too
    Mach3 window(manual link) show e-stop to pin 13...

ok

"6-When show pin 7, for exemple, on the manual, is to consider the db25 female or male? I'm confused..."

I bought an adapter. To connect to PC LPT tb6550 board.
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-fullsizerender-6-jpg
    Is a female db25. I need to know what pin 2, for example is. If see the female (front), pin 2 is the second hole right to left, so the the male pin will be pin 12(seeing front, right to left too). Understand what i Mean? I would like to know if i link the wires from tb6550 thinking pin 2 or 12. Did you understand my doubt...
    The wires that i will connect to the Arduino are from the adapter(female db25), pin 2, for example(photo above). My question is: pin 2 from adapter is the same pin 2 showed in the diagram

Thank you my friend. You are a good person. Excellent help. Cheers...

Downloads
    Uploads

OK I see

if I have read the TB6560 manual correctly
    pin 9 controls the relay thats usually used to switch the spindle on and off

in the mach3 setup in figure 6 , output1 is configured to control pin 9

in your Estlcam diagram D04 is labled spindle on off

thats why in my diagram I made the arduino D04 control the TB 6560 relay thats connected to the LPT pin 9
    ( if you want the arduino output 1 on D03 control the relay then you will need to connect it to the TB6560 boards LPT pin 9 )

CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-estlcam-arduino-jpg
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-tb6560-board-pc-lpt-connections-jpg

yes
    link the 2,6,14 on theTB6560 LPT to the ardioun +5V
    its between the ground and +3,3V terminals - see the arrow on the diagram
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-uno-v3-pinoutpdf-jpg

as its now early Wednesday morning

I'll continue in the morning with your other questions

John

OK I see

if I have read the TB6560 manual correctly
    pin 9 controls the relay thats usually used to switch the spindle on and off

in the mach3 setup in figure 6 , output1 is configured to control pin 9

in your Estlcam diagram D04 is labled spindle on off

thats why in my diagram I made the arduino D04 control the TB 6560 relay thats connected to the LPT pin 9
    ( if you want the arduino output 1 on D03 control the relay then you will need to connect it to the TB6560 boards LPT pin 9 )
    Ok John...I am understanding now. But output 1 is pin 16 and output 2 is pin 17?! Like the tb6550 information.
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-estlcam-arduino-jpg
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-tb6560-board-pc-lpt-connections-jpg

yes
    link the 2,6,14 on theTB6560 LPT to the ardioun +5V
    its between the ground and +3,3V terminals - see the arrow on the diagram
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-uno-v3-pinoutpdf-jpg

as its now early Wednesday morning

I'll continue in the morning with your other questions
    Ok John! I am waiting!
    Thank you so much! ��
    John
    Ok John...I am understanding now. But output 1 is pin 16 and output 2 is pin 17?! Like the tb6550 information.

"I'll continue in the morning with your other questions"
    Ok John! I am waiting!
    Thank you so much! ��
    Thank you!!!

Last edited by genesiospinola; 08-08-2017 at 08:02 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

the photo of the TB6560 board in the manual is not clear enough to see the connections to use the signals from LPT pins 16 & 17

I have now found a photo online that shows the 4 pin connector for outputs 1 & 2 has not been fitted !!!
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-tb6560-board-outputs-1-2-jpg

to make use of the PWM signal you will need a speed control board to be able to have the arduino control the spindle speed
    the TB6560 board only has the relay for on off control

what spindle motor do you have ?

pin 2 on your socket is the second one on the right on the top (13way row) -
    the numbers molded into the black plastic is on the right of the each socket

CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-25-way-d-type-connector-jpg

this is from the Mach 3 manual that you need to emulate with the arduino and 25 way socket

the 25 pin plug fitted to the TB6560 board has the numbers that are a mirror image of your socket

CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-25-pin-d-type-plug-jpg

John

the photo of the TB6560 board in the manual is not clear enough to see the connections to use the signals from LPT pins 16 & 17

I have now found a photo online that shows the 4 pin connector for outputs 1 & 2 has not been fitted !!!
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-tb6560-board-outputs-1-2-jpg

to make use of the PWM signal you will need a speed control board to be able to have the arduino control the spindle speed
    the TB6560 board only has the relay for on off control

what spindle motor do you have ?

pin 2 on your socket is the second one on the right on the top (13way row) -
    the numbers molded into the black plastic is on the right of the each socket

CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-25-way-d-type-connector-jpg

this is from the Mach 3 manual that you need to emulate with the arduino and 25 way socket

the 25 pin plug fitted to the TB6560 board has the numbers that are a mirror image of your socket

CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-25-pin-d-type-plug-jpg

John
    Hi John.

See my tb6550 board - post 1. Pins 16, 17 not fitted.

My spindle
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-img_8265-jpg

In this video you can see the spindle controller on the left side of the monitor.
    https://www.4shared.com/video/IOLPBSU-ba/IMG_2870.html#

The spindle is controlled externally, manually. Even his speed.
    So I do not need to connect the
    PWM (D04) and spindle on / off (D05)?
    Error Input (D07) now remains.
    At Mach3 the E-Stop is at pin 13 on the tb6550.
    And the Probe would be pin 15.
    These doubts remain.

I do not know how to thank you, my friend.

Genesio

Downloads
    Uploads

now I see you have a 900W spindle motor controlled by a VFD

if you only use manual control of the spindle you can wire a E-stop switch to the VFD to stop the spindle in an emergency

does the VFD manual have a wiring diagram of a remote control pendant ?

as no E-stop is shown on the arduino / Estlcam diagram I guess you can use part of an Estop switch connected to the D07 error input
    to stop the Estlcam program running on the arduino

alternatively use the E-stop switch to break the hard wired +5V enable to the TB 6560 boards input pins 2 , 6 , 14

it will stop the stepper motors but the arduino / Estlcam will not know about the E-stop

(using an E-stop switch with 2 sets of N/C contacts you can stop the spindle and the 3 axis drives)

john

now I see you have a 900W spindle motor controlled by a VFD

if you only use manual control of the spindle you can wire a E-stop switch to the VFD to stop the spindle in an emergency

does the VFD manual have a wiring diagram of a remote control pendant ?

as no E-stop is shown on the arduino / Estlcam diagram I guess you can use part of an Estop switch connected to the D07 error input
    to stop the Estlcam program running on the arduino

alternatively use the E-stop switch to break the hard wired +5V enable to the TB 6560 boards input pins 2 , 6 , 14

it will stop the stepper motors but the arduino / Estlcam will not know about the E-stop

(using an E-stop switch with 2 sets of N/C contacts you can stop the spindle and the 3 axis drives)

john
    I dont have VFD manual - wiring diagram of a remote control pendant, John.
    Sorry.
    I dont know how to do this...
    Is simple? I can take a photo of the VFD, but is in another place, is not here in my Shop.
    THANK YOU John!

Last edited by genesiospinola; 08-09-2017 at 08:01 PM.

John.
    The E-Stop is in pin 13- see the photo - left behind
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-img_1653-jpg

I think is the e-stop button
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-img_2899-jpg

I dont know how to wire to Arduino...

Thank you!

Last edited by genesiospinola; 08-09-2017 at 08:02 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

that E-stop will be OK for Mach3 for a software E-Stop

but this is what I am thinking of for the arduino & TB6560 to stop all the motors even if the arduino stops responding

CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-vfd-remote-control-jpg

the E-Stop and on off switches break the connection between the VFD's +12V and forward input

the second E-Switch contacts are shown as a possible TB6560 enable but could be used to trigger an arduino E-stop

this is the type of E-Stop switch I am thinking of
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-e-stop-switch-jpg

easy to Hit when things go Wrong !!

to re use your existing switch it will probibly easier to run two wires directly to the arduino for a software E-Stop just to stop the stepper motors

John

Last edited by john-100; 08-09-2017 at 09:26 AM. Reason: add photo of E-Stop switch

I'm trying to use the Estlcam to "auto zero" the axes x y z, for a possible drop of energy etc I do not lose my work etc
    If you want to take a look, Estlcam.com
    I was using the tb6550 with a Smooth Stepper 1.2 card to use USB.
    But I only got days ago to" auto zero" the x axis.
    Placing two wires next to the wires of e-Stop, see photo
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-img_1659-jpg

And in Mach3 I put the e-stop as pin 15 and the Probe as pin 13. And they worked.
    As I found the Estlcam very practical to "auto zero" the 3 axes with Arduino UNO to try to use the Estlcam. But the seller did not help me. You are helping me a lot! Thank you. I hope everything goes well, my friend!

Last edited by genesiospinola; 08-09-2017 at 08:05 PM.

Here e-stop wired to tb6550, pin 13(blue and white wires)

CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-img_1653-jpg

CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-img_1657-jpg

My VFD is this
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-img_2945-jpg

Last edited by genesiospinola; 08-09-2017 at 06:07 PM.

Hi, John. Did you see the latest information I posted? Will it strike me and I can connect everything and test my friend? Thank you msis once and sorry for the inconvenience!

that E-stop will be OK for Mach3 for a software E-Stop

but this is what I am thinking of for the arduino & TB6560 to stop all the motors even if the arduino stops responding

the E-Stop and on off switches break the connection between the VFD's +12V and forward input

the second E-Switch contacts are shown as a possible TB6560 enable but could be used to trigger an arduino E-stop

this is the type of E-Stop switch I am thinking of
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-e-stop-switch-jpg

easy to Hit when things go Wrong !!

to re use your existing switch it will probibly easier to run two wires directly to the arduino for a software E-Stop just to stop the stepper motors

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi genesiospinola

Yes , I have had a quick look for data for your VFD

and revised the diagram for the remote spindle E-stop

VFD
    CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-delts-vfl-jpg

updated diagram for arduino and spindle E-stop

CNC TB6550 Board Arduino UNO Board Estlcam-arduino-estlcam-jpg

If you go with your exisitng stop switch just for the arduino ground & D07 error input
    you will just need to connect the white & blue wires to the arduino

I have had a quick look at Esticam but didn't see a link to the program (sketch) to download to the arduino
    so I assume the stop switch will be wired between the ground / negative supply and the error input D07

edit - I see you have to install estlcam to see more detail !!!!

John

Last edited by john-100; 08-11-2017 at 08:33 AM. Reason: update the e-stop connection to the VFD

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast