AM882 Drivers setup cable

Thread: AM882 Drivers setup cable

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default AM882 Drivers setup cable

Hey guys,

Just to share some info.

I bought 4 Leadshine AM882 drivers from eBay. I figured it'd be nice to have the cable to run Leadshines ProTune but didn't think it was necessary. I could just make the setup settings with the dip switches. When I connected up my steppers, they were making a fair squeal. I thought it unusual but these are my first steppers and didn't know better. A bit of Google and read stories about how the motors effectively become speakers and play the tune of the current chopping and how some people can play music on stepper so I thought no worries it must be normal.

I had only bench tested a motor and driver and I'm yet to get these installed in my CNC machine. I saw a local Aussie seller had the ProTune cable for $2 (shipping was a killer though) so for that price, I thought what the hell, I'll give it a go. I could hardly make one for that price.

Once connected, I went to the current setup and wrote the default setting to the driver. Instantly the motors were silent. I then went on with driver tuning.

So if you guys have Leadshine drivers, get or make a cable and download the software. It makes a hell of a difference.

Happy Days

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: AM882 Drivers setup cable

I had to pay $10 + $10 for shipping for mine. But yes, it's nice to have more control over the settings.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: AM882 Drivers setup cable

Yep, $2 for the cable and $18 for shipping. LOL That was AUD though.

I still not sure I have Anti-Resonance set right. I don't have anything to check RPM. Pretty much got it close, set the AMP for the quietest, then changed the Phase to be the quietest.

Happy Days