Need Help! System with two stepper motors and manual control

Thread: System with two stepper motors and manual control

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation System with two stepper motors and manual control

Alright folks. I need to build a system made from two steppers motors that will be mounted opposite to each other and rotate in same direction (first motor have to rotate clockwise and second counterclockwise). The system will be controlled manually with button for stop/run , forward/reverse and knob to control the speed of motors. Can I connect those two stepper motors to one driver? Also what will be the easiest/cheapest way to build system like that?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: System with two stepper motors and manual control

When you use a software driver like Mach 3, you can simply slave one drive to the the other and reverse motor direction. With a system like you describe, it depends on the electronics and whether you are using a single driver or separate driver for each motor. You can reverse the direction of a stepper motor by simply reversing the current in one set of the coils.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: System with two stepper motors and manual control

Quote Originally Posted by coherent View Post
    When you use a software driver like Mach 3, you can simply slave one drive to the the other and reverse motor direction. With a system like you describe, it depends on the electronics and whether you are using a single driver or separate driver for each motor. You can reverse the direction of a stepper motor by simply reversing the current in one set of the coils.
    That's what I did on my CNC router. But I don't want to use any software. This will be simple device that will spin a item so I can wind some rope around it.