stepper motor tuning Need help)

Thread: stepper motor tuning Need help)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default stepper motor tuning Need help)

Can anyone help me figure out how to setup my stepper motors? I just can't seem to get it. I have a dyna mechatronics dm2800 using mach3 with ess. What I have here is right out of the dyna manual. The ballscrew lead is 2.5mm. There is a belt reduction of 2.5:1 from it to the 200 steps per revolution of the stepper. This gives a step resolution of 0.0025mm. I went into and tried to tune the motors using an indicator. I set the indicator at like .03 on the z axes and went into mdi and raised z .025 it only moved a couple of thou. I just keep doing this until I got it to move .025. I went in and moved it 1.0. I didn't check it with indicator but it looks like it's moving an inch. The problem is in the steps I have is 47775 this seems really high. I haven't seen anything on line that high and I looked at a lot of sights on how to do this. Another thing is the frequency. Most of what I saw and read they are set at 32,or 64, mine is set at 256 and the motors sound good This is what it was set at I did not put that in there. I'm really at a loss can anybody help me out? Thank you for any help

Mike B

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: stepper motor tuning Need help)

It sounds like what you have is working. Just because your setup is different doesn't mean it's wrong. If you are happy with the result and the machine works OK, then why change anything?

The proof is when you make a cut, if a square is square and a circle is round, and they both are on size, then it's tuned correctly.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: stepper motor tuning Need help)

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    It sounds like what you have is working. Just because your setup is different doesn't mean it's wrong. If you are happy with the result and the machine works OK, then why change anything?

The proof is when you make a cut, if a square is square and a circle is round, and they both are on size, then it's tuned correctly.
    Jim
    Thanks for the reply I guess i'll just have to try it