Newbie new build questions

Thread: new build questions

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default new build questions

Hello guys im new here and also its my first time to cnc . I bought a cnc 3020 from amazon some days ago and I realized that the electrical part is basically garbage, so i want to build a new one.

Can these things work fine together? sadly i currently don't have enough money for a gecko G540.
    Parts:
    -Stepper Motors:
    -Power Suppy:
    -Stepper Motor Driver
    -BOB

what do you think guys its good enought?
    Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for my bad english it not my native language.And sorry if this its not the correct place for my question.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: new build questions

What makes you think those components are any better than the "garbage" you've already got? But if you were only going to change one thing, I'd say get a bigger power supply. Those drives say they'll handle 40 volts, so try giving them that. Those motors really want about 50v, but 40 is a lot closer than 24.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    What makes you think those components are any better than the "garbage" you've already got? But if you were only going to change one thing, I'd say get a bigger power supply. Those drives say they'll handle 40 volts, so try giving them that. Those motors really want about 50v, but 40 is a lot closer than 24.
    No its because those that the machine brought are currently not working( the motors are fine the controller board it's damage. the Y axis dont move only stuttering ).
    I tried to contact the seller but he not respond me even through amazon. So its not because i want a better ones instead i need it to start to work with the machine. Thanks for your info so i will try to get a better power supply for these ones(link below). do you think are better? Sorry i'm really a noob but i prefer to ask before to buy something wrong.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DFSF9GE/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1CJB5SYI 9X4XC

Last edited by estenoriega; 05-30-2017 at 04:28 PM.