driver to breakout board wireing

Thread: driver to breakout board wireing

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default driver to breakout board wireing

hi all ,ok my drives are jk0220 and the connections read like this.pu-dir-vcc and enable those are the only connections.driver to breakout board wireing-20170319_165012_hdr-jpgdriver to breakout board wireing-20170319_165012_hdr-jpg. I have a 5 axis Chinese breakout board and I'm pretty sure that second script writing is the anode.i have tried a few ways but cant get motors to spin. the breakout board is powered by usb .

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: driver to breakout board wireing

Quote Originally Posted by corrie View Post
    hi all ,ok my drives are jk0220 and the connections read like this.pu-dir-vcc and enable those are the only connections.driver to breakout board wireing-20170319_165012_hdr-jpgdriver to breakout board wireing-20170319_165012_hdr-jpg. I have a 5 axis Chinese breakout board and I'm pretty sure that second script writing is the anode.i have tried a few ways but cant get motors to spin. the breakout board is powered by usb .
    I'm sure that's all is needed to power bob. the three wires to the left have been changed to orange anode green 5 purple 6, green dir purple pul and orange vcc from driver.very frustrating without documentation.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails driver to breakout board wireing-20170325_102338_hdr-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Most breakout boards have the ability to add an external power supply. The USB port can only provide limited 5V power and one some boards that might be enough. I would check and see if you can find some English docs on your BOB. You want the Step and Direction pins attached to one of the port pins, that is an output. If you are using Mach3 or any other software it will tell you with pins are the outputs and inputs. On many systems Port1-2, Port1-2 is the Step X, Dir X assignment. On the driver check the manual to determine what condition turns on enable. If that is not default enabled you will need to add a wire to that input to meet the condition required to enable the driver.

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Russ but I have no documentation for this driver and I have done endless internet search. The drives are powered on the dc side of driver but I'm thinking that they are not getting the power needed.ill attach a pdf of the bob and hopefully it comes through.driver to breakout board wireing-db25m_breakout_board-pdf the same pdf is from stepper motors Canada.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok here is what i got for the driver. Pul is stepping pulse dir is motor direction vcc power supply port for optical copling and en is for mottor free. Does the vcc get connected to anode on the bob? Thats the way i have it wired now.

Downloads
    Uploads

corrie,
    This is a very basic BOB. The USB is providing the 5V for the small amount of electronics on the board, there are optocouplers, and a few buffer chips. The board also uses 24V which is also converted to a lower voltage which ultimately is part of the spindle output circuit 0-5V. The Chinese symbols on the breakout board appear to be GROUNDS, actually these are the common side of the optos on the driver board. When you hook up a driver for an axis you would us P2,P3 which would be STEP, DIRECTION to the driver from the BOB. You need to take the GROUND (Chinese symbol) to the PULS-,Step-/Ena- on the Stepper Driver. That becomes the common between the Breakout Board and the Driver board, it must be there or nothing will work. The GROUND and VCC on the driver board is the voltage you are going to run the stepper driver from like 24V, you DO NOT hook up that VCC to the breakout board...

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

you need to connect the orange wires from the JK0220 stepper drivers signal VCC / common terminal [ the common anodes of the 3 input opto-isolators] to the +5V out from the DB25 breakout board and not to the breakout boards ground as its now connected

if your using Mach 3 you may need to change in ports & pins so the the step & direction signals are active low -
    (assuming the breakout board does not invert the signals from the printer port so you have them set to active high )

driver to breakout board wireing-db25m-3r6a-jk0220-jpg

john

Last edited by john-100; 03-28-2017 at 03:42 PM. Reason: add ref to ports & pins

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the replies i will get to it this evening. Can i daisey chain the vcc then one wire to +5 volts at the bob or run three seperate wires? Thank you once again gentlemen for the responces.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

John i ran the vcc to+5 and got iso light to come on ran a wire lets say green to pin3 and the purple to pin2 set that in mach tried to jog and heard one step only. Tried the green on pin 1 but iso light would not cone up. Now Russ mentioned running a wire from the chinese lettering which i suppose is com ground back to the driver im not getting that fully. A crewd drawing might help .

Downloads
    Uploads

corrie,
    Look at the manual you provided in this thread. It clearly shows the common side of the optos connected to the Common on the Breakout board (Chinese Symbols). The optos are just like LEDs but there is a transistor enclosed within them. Once side of the LED must tie to a common point that is the PULS-, DIR-, ENA- signals, each of those must connect to the CHINESE SYMBOL common. That is the negative side of the LED. The other sides PULS+, DIR+ will connect to Pin 2 and Pin3 respectively for the first axis. That must then be configured in MACH3 to let it know which pins you used for the X axis.

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

driver to breakout board wireing-20170329_101401_hdr-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My drivers dont show a+ puls or a + dir thats why im confused sorry for the frustration

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all. Well i got the motors running now. Ran one wire from vcc to second chinese symbol one from pulse to pin? And one wire from dir to pin? And all worked out. Now time to tune motors nema 17s.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi corrie

I missed yesterdays posts

good to see you have it working now

unlike most stepper drivers
    your stepper drivers have have the anodes of the 3 input opto-isolators connected to the common +VCC terminal instead of the individual + step , +direction & + enable you usually find on most stepper drivers

just to make things difficult the instructions for the breakout board are to use the ground as the common terminal for the stepper drivers !

driver to breakout board wireing-5v-bob-5v-driver-vcc-jpg

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks John I'm just glad all is running well . I tuned in the motors as well and sounds nice. The spindle I'm using is one of those brushed motors with a red and a black wire coming off the top.It came with the linksprite cnc engraver , trying to figure out how to wire it to breakout board. From the specs I have it will run off 24 volt dc and that board has relays on it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is the motordriver to breakout board wireing-20170331_154717_hdr-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

while you can use a relay to simply switch the spindle motor on & off

you can use a PWM speed contol to adjust the spindle speed

with either a simple control with a potentiometer as a manual control

or small motors like this
    https://store.qkits.com/pwm-dc-motor...ol-module.html
    driver to breakout board wireing-qkit-speed-control-jpg
    or

a PWM speed control board you can control using the 0 to 10V analogue output from your breakout board
    so the speed is under computer control

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks ill look into it

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

https://www.amazon.ca/SODIAL-Control...eed+controller I was looking at this but not sure if it will work with my power supply that came with router or can I power from my power supply. the adapter that came with the cnc is a pa-24135-089. output is 24 volt 5.62 amp ill upload a pic of it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

driver to breakout board wireing-20170401_112218_hdr-jpg