Need Help! X Axis (2 Stepper motors) and Z axis is going crazy

Thread: X Axis (2 Stepper motors) and Z axis is going crazy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question X Axis (2 Stepper motors) and Z axis is going crazy

Hi,

on my DIY CNC router (2000x1000x850mm - X, Y, Z) I am having some problems...

The whole machine is build of Aluminium (solid and stable construction). X axis has 2 stepper motors runnig on rack&pinnion, Y axis has same motor running on Ball Screw 2020 (20mm) and Z axis is running also on Ball Screw 1615 (16mm) with Unipolar Stepper motor.

X and Y axis have this stepper: (NEMA 34 13Nm)

Model
    Step angel (° )
    Motor Length L(mm)
    Rate Voltage
    (V)
    Rate Current (A)
    Phase Resistance ( Ω )
    Phase Inductance (mH)
    Holding Torque (oz.in)
    Lead Wire (NO.)
    Rotor Inertia
    (kg. c?)
    Motor Weight (kg)
    34HS5435C-37B2

It is bought on ebay:

【Germany Warehouse】4Axis Nema34 Stepper Motor 1600oz.in single &DriverCNC Router | eBay

Z axis is using NEMA 34 with 8.5Nm)

1 PCS NEMA 34 DUAL SHAFT STEPPER MOTOR 1200 OZ-IN | eBay

Drivers are all same - DM860A - every driver has its own suply unit.

THE PROBLEM:

When I make a g-code in any CAM software and run it on machine, I get some wrong movements in X (2 slaved motors) axis. (see picure)

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...d=356178&stc=1

It goes just as it wants and when I hit "GO TO ZERO", Zero point is missed by all 3 axis.

X axis goes sometimes in positive, sometimes in negative way. Y axis is almost OK. Z axis goes sometimes in positive and sometimes in negative way, just like the X axis.

There is no motion controller running on this machine, it is directly break board via LPT cable connected to PC. Also tried with changing PC - same results.

Problem with UC300 USB motion controller: When the spindle turns on, I get MSG in MACH3: UC300 is not connected (blue LED turns off). When I disconnect UC300, close Mach3, reconnect UC300 and reopen Mach3 everything works fine until i turn the spindle on. Spindle is not connected to analog port to be turned on/off. It is turned via its own control panel. Spindle is VFD controlled 2.2kW water cooled - standard from ebay.

Does anyone has any idea, as this is making me crazy since 4 months??

Mach3 break board will be changed tommorow to check if this board is OK.

Best regards,
    Dean

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X Axis (2 Stepper motors) and Z axis is going crazy-slika1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: X Axis (2 Stepper motors) and Z axis is going crazy

Drivers.

James hosts the single best wiki page about motors for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://techref.massmind.org/techref/io/motors.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

Downloads
    Uploads

Change your motor wiring harness into #16 AWG flatcord wires sir, then calibrate it carefully, you have a big powerful torquey motors, test also if the power supply is not dropping voltage when you jog @ full speed on the X axis.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What do you mean by drivers?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by KH0UJ View Post
    Change your motor wiring harness into #16 AWG flatcord wires sir, then calibrate it carefully, you have a big powerful torquey motors, test also if the power supply is not dropping voltage when you jog @ full speed on the X axis.
    Now we have 4 x 0.75mm2 cables for each motor. How do you mean to calibrate wires?

We are driving at max 30% of full speed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dexter910 View Post
    Now we have 4 x 0.75mm2 cables for each motor. How do you mean to calibrate wires?

We are driving at max 30% of full speed.
    0.75mm is just almost equal to AWG # 22 sir, AWG #16 is 1.53mm, just the wiring harness going to the control box, on the NEMA side leave it as is, so NEMA side 3-4 inches of #22 wire > connector > #16 wire > control box connector. in that way you can feel and see the optimum torque on your drive motors, I changed all the harnesses on our CNC`s due to lack of torque and sometimes it can be easily affected with interference then goes offset specially if you had a phone call near it. Ever since the harness conversion I never had any problems on it running crazy on it`s own until now.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...d=356448&stc=1

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X Axis (2 Stepper motors) and Z axis is going crazy-1-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So, first of all we will take 3 phases instead of one single phase. Now is everything connected to one single 220V AC phase so we assume that there might be a problem in voltage dropdown when all motors are running.

2 drivers will be connected to phase 1
    other 2 drivers will be connected to other phase 2
    spindle will be connected to phase 3

This will be done tomorrow and I will inform you if there are any good news. If this does not help, then we will change all cables to 1.5mm flat cables. Should they be shielded? Now are spindle, Z axis and Y axis shielded.

regards