Newbie Forward reverse step motor advice

Thread: Forward reverse step motor advice

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Forward reverse step motor advice

Hello,
    I'm looking for advice for a motor that can rotate 90 degrees and then reverse and go back and continue this operation until it is turned off. Probably a stepper motor but need advice on what kind.
    Needs to be connected to a battery supply so will also need a ac/dc convertor
    Needs to carry between 4-7ounces

I'm completely new to this so specifics will help with this project.

Thank you for any advice,

Matthew

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Forward reverse step motor advice

If the system is 12V then use a windshield wiper motor from a vehicle and a mechanical bellcrank arrangement. In fact, just grab the works from a windshield wiper system, they move through an arc of 90°

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    If the system is 12V then use a windshield wiper motor from a vehicle and a mechanical bellcrank arrangement. In fact, just grab the works from a windshield wiper system, they move through an arc of 90°
    Nice simple idea you got there sir hehe, it`s a hell of a lot faster constructing a project using your idea than building it from scratch, I mean like acquire an arduino or raspberrypi modules, programming a looping script on the PWM outputs (GPIO) acquire a stepper motor kit, wiring them all up to do just a 90 degree work on the stepper motor. I did tried these projects a few months ago but a more sophisticated one, a smartphone controlled mounting device with a 720p bulit-in camera, auto aim on target meaning it follows a moving object whenever you locked it to them, you can see your target in your smart phone then trigger the attachment remotely by just double tapping the screen or the volume up button on the smartphone.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...d=355634&stc=1

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/attach...d=355636&stc=1

Just think of it that it`s only an airsoft gun, not a deadly weapon, not the TCM 22 rock island pistol hehe

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Forward reverse step motor advice-1-jpg   Forward reverse step motor advice-2-jpg   Forward reverse step motor advice-1-jpg   Forward reverse step motor advice-2-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good idea but looking for a lot less weight and smaller batteries. A, C or D batteries. If I'm able to get all of the bugs worked out eventually want to sell the device so needs to be as small and compact to ship

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Birdz View Post
    Good idea but looking for a lot less weight and smaller batteries. A, C or D batteries. If I'm able to get all of the bugs worked out eventually want to sell the device so needs to be as small and compact to ship
    Without knowing all of the design parameters it's pretty hard to offer any meaningful advice. There are several ways of doing what you want, and the least cost might be a purely mechanical system. There are some very tiny gear motors available, and many will run 1.5 to 3 volts or so. To sweep a 90° arc, all you need is a bellcrank off of a rotating shaft. There is also a type of transmission that rotates a shaft through 90° and repeats (think washing machine transmission). I have seen these in small toys.

Another option is a small 5V stepper motor and a small driver, that coupled with a PIC chip and a little programming, would do what you want. A simple linear motor would also do the job (think solenoid). The posibilities are almost endless.