Need Help! stepper motor not rotating

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stepper motor not rotating

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default stepper motor not rotating

Hey guys am having a probelm with my Chinese tb6560 driver board (blue) ... My stepper are 57bygh603b current = 1A and the stepper motor hiss when i power the board even when the dip setting is 25% and the motor wont rotate after setting the pin and port. I tried every thing can someone pls help me am in a lot of stress here am in the process of making my first cnc n i cant make the motor to work 😞

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: stepper motor not rotating

To clarify the problem The motor hisses but lock up i cant rotate it with hand

Downloads
    Uploads

I have two suggestions for you:
    1. Contact the people who sold you the driver for support
    2. Don't buy cheap chinese crap.

Since I know neither of those will happen, manually connect the step signal to logic power and ground alternately. If the motor moves at all, then the problem is in the port. If it doesn't look for an enable pin on the driver or return the unit as defective.

James hosts the single best wiki page about motors for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://techref.massmind.org/techref/io/motors.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

First tnx for the reply and where will i find the step signal sry am a newbie

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I have no idea. It should be listed in the documentation provided with the driver... they DID provide documentation right?

James hosts the single best wiki page about motors for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://techref.massmind.org/techref/io/motors.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Only a pdf that any one find on the internet 😞 am using Windows 7 32 bit opreating system does it affect it cause i noticed most guys us Windows xp as an operating system

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Haitem56

what power supply are you using ??
    looking at the motors data sheet your not going to step the motors very fast even when you use the maximum of 34Volts for the TB6560

motor spec
    Voltage: 8.6V
    Current: 1.0 A/phase
    Resistance: 8.6Ohm/phase
    Inductance: 18mH/phase

how are you controlling the TB6560 board ?? with an old PC ??
    posting a copy of the boards manual and photos of how you have wired the board would be helpfull
    several versions of TB6560 boards are sold but they don't assign the printerport pin functions the same way - you need the manual for your board

new PC's and most laptops are unlikely to work due to the low level printer port logic levels - 3.3V from a super I/O chip
    ( instead of 5V as on the older original TTL IBM PC design )

a number of issues with the TB6560 boards have been highlighted in this very long thread -
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...-software.html

John

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi John-100 thanks for the reply

Am using a 24v power supply and my pc is an old computer running on windows 7 32 bit operating system(which i upgraded initally it was windows xp) i attached a photo of the system below thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi John-100 thanks for the reply

Am using a 24v power supply and my pc is an old computer running on windows 7 32 bit operating system(which i upgraded initally it was windows xp) i attached a photo of the system below thankshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...24a0510da3.jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Haitem56 View Post
    To clarify the problem The motor hisses but lock up i cant rotate it with hand
    The hissing sound is normal for these boards. If you can't rotate the motor by hand that is also normal if the driver is enabled and the motor is energized and holding position. To rotate the motor through software you must send step/dir pulses to the right pins. It is a simple configuration issue, read the manual and set up Mach3 accordingly. I had that card once and seen/used that manual several years ago and it works. Admittedly, the drivers are crappy, but they can be made to work. However, the best would be to buy 3 separate drivers and a cheap BoB. DQ542MA drivers are fairly cheap and miles better. No hissing noise and you can really run the machine faster and smoother as well than with those crappy Toshiba chip based drivers can do.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have checked the output voltage from the pc parallel port and all are 3.39 volts

Downloads
    Uploads

As was pointed out by A_Camera the hissing sound is normal this is the holding current to hold the motor in position. You must send pulses on the STEP output to get the motor to move. You must setup the motor correctly in MACH3 first and make sure you have the STEP and DIRECTION outputs from your breakout board going into the STEP and DIRECTION inputs on the driver board. Once you have all of that right you can actually do a test of the motor by just giving a simple command on the MDI line such as G0 X50 and then pressing cycle start depending on the version of MACH3 you are using. The motor will start to spin. You need to set the steps/unit on the motor page in MACH3 but having that as anything will get the motor to spin. You can even do this manually if you have a simple pulse generator, you can make one easy or buy one on ebay cheap. My guess is you having something configured wrong in the MACH3 software.

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you both (russ and a camera) i have put diffrent type of pin. Setup but nothing happened can you suggest me with some pin configuration. Will the operating system have any effect i recently upgrade it to Windows 7 32 bit

Downloads
    Uploads

Haitem56,
    The operating system has no effect, I run WindowsXP on one machine and Windows7 on my other machine they both work just fine.

Do you have access to a scope or digital detector. You can disconnect the Driver from the breakout board and check to see if the outputs are working. Post a picture of you BreakOut board and stepper driver and motor and you current configuration on ports/pins in Mach3 and we will see if we can help you get going.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Haitem56 View Post
    Thank you both (russ and a camera) i have put diffrent type of pin. Setup but nothing happened can you suggest me with some pin configuration. Will the operating system have any effect i recently upgrade it to Windows 7 32 bit

I can only repeat the manual and that would be pointless. Once again, read it and follow it. The settings according to the manual works so you just need to follow and understand that.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    Haitem56,
    The operating system has no effect, I run WindowsXP on one machine and Windows7 on my other machine they both work just fine.

Do you have access to a scope or digital detector. You can disconnect the Driver from the breakout board and check to see if the outputs are working. Post a picture of you BreakOut board and stepper driver and motor and you current configuration on ports/pins in Mach3 and we will see if we can help you get going.

Russ
    I dont have a scope or a digital detector all i have is a multimeter if that helps and here is my driver and the configuration https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0dced94c50.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d1db07edff.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...eb93ad5055.jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Haitem56,
    You MACH3 ports/pins configuration looks wrong. Please try this configuration as your board uses the standard parallel ports and almost all boards have this configuration.

stepper motor not rotating-motor-outputs-configuration-jpg

I think when you fix this you will sudden find that your motors work just fine.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

mach3 pin setting from the manual
    stepper motor not rotating-3-axis-mach3-settings-jpg

to test for step & direction signals from your printer port
    you will find it easier with a logic probe
    the step pulses as you jog an axis will be easier to see on the amber LED on the probes stretched output
    than the jumbled display of a digital multimeter

stepper motor not rotating-basic-ttl-logic-probe-jpg
    this logic probe is from
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/LOGIC-LEVEL...ds=logic+probe

once you are sure you have the expected output from the printer port

with the board connected to your computer you should see the 3 activity LEDs on the board respond to the step pulses
    provided the logic levels are high enough to drive the boards inputs

stepper motor not rotating-step-pulse-activity-leds-jpg

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast