Need Help! Motor stalling

Thread: Motor stalling

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Motor stalling

Hello,
    My cnc machine recently and suddenly start stalling in different axis !! this problem never happened before and i didn't change any settings !! But the only thing i noticed is error during power on the PC .. it stuck in xp logo or i get an errors with blue screen and after a couple of shutdown and turn on the PC work fine but the motor start stalling !
    Everytime the stepper motors stall i need to home the axis and start the cycle ... In general it's work after 2 or 3 attempt .. during homing or jogging it work fine .. the stall occur when i start the cycle, when the bit move from the zero point to the cutting pieces or when the bit move from pieces/ vector to another (i think it's called rapid speed), during the cutting it work fine. Could it be damage pc mother board ?! What should i check ?!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Motor stalling

It sounds like your spindle might be causing EMI noise causing things to stall. The first test is to run your file with the spindle unpowered and it that works perfect that will confirm the problem

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Russ i tried that & it's not the problem ! I had EMI problem but i solved it ... The limit / proximity sensor triggered during cutting .. now i have all the cables shielded and i have emi filters and ferrite core around the cables !

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Troubleshoot by swapping things around. Or reduce your rapids speed setting in the motion controller.

James hosts the single best wiki page about motors for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://techref.massmind.org/techref/io/motors.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)