Need Help! Steppers freeze

Thread: Steppers freeze

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Steppers freeze

New here so don't know where to look or how to look. Hope I found the right place to post this. I have a small K2 CNC---I replaced the motors, installed Geckos and put in a new power source and everything was working until it stopped. I was testing and lubricating with the jog buttons and everything was going smoothly. Shut it down and went in for lunch and now each hit of the jog button gives me one step (or ten---not sure) Nothing changed except that all of the motors in both directions are giving me about a millimeter (or less) and freezing up. Is this something that somebody can help with? Thanks, Jim

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Steppers freeze

Did you slip from continuous jogging into step jogging? Hit the Tab key and see if that's the case, and if so, switch it back to continuous.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am going to give that a try. Right now it is cold in the shop and it needs to be heated up ten or fifteen degrees for the computer to come on. It might be a couple of days before I have time to do that. Thanks, Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

How cold is it in there? Maybe they're literally freezing....

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Do the Geckos show a Fault LED?

Cheers
    Roger

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was just a doofus. You were right, as I played with the screen, I inadvertently turn on the step jog. All is well. As far as the cold goes, my shop is often cold, but almost never freezing. There is an outfit a few miles away---I know the warehouse manager, and not their tech guys, unfortunately. They often have the same problem. They have a couple of heaters aimed at their equipment in the mornings when it is cold. I have long ago, been able to determine when my computer was too cold to function, but this was something new and I appreciate the fast (and accurate) response. Thanks, again, Jim