UC300 ETH stepper drive connections - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UC300 ETH stepper drive connections

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: UC300 ETH stepper drive connections

You need both the USB cable and the 12V supply, in order for the inputs to work.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by walkit View Post
    yes I have powered with USB cable in bundle BOB. But I can also use the 12V screw terminals and disconnected the USB cable, work also ?
    I have try with original flat, two different situations I see,
    1st try: I have put on --->set port & pin ----> input signal ---> E-stop port 2 , pin 10 then also to 15 pin , active Low ON. when I switch for e-stop emergency, not change any , no leds power. The RESET push not work and the led green is fixed light .
    2st try: all sets same top but to E-stop , I have change active low set to OFF. When I switch E-stop emrgency the emergency activate the bot leds emergency and reset lighting , but pushed botton reset not change any.
    I have set also the menu, port setup & axis selection to PORT#2
    When I connected the flat plug LPT from UC300ETH, the led power up on BOB is one.
    Sorry, I was wrong about the USB power. The external 12-24V is necessary for the inputs and the 0-10V PWM. I don't have my CNC near me, but looking at the manual of the BoB it seems to be the case. If the 12-24V is not connected then the inputs are not sensed or will give random readings.

UC300 ETH stepper drive connections-bob-pdf

Have a look at the manual, perhaps it helps you out with your problems. This BoB and the UC300ETH or UC300USB are pretty easy to install and configure in Mach3 and since you managed without the BoB it should be pretty straight forward with the BoB.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I have read the manual better and Thanks, this work fine. Powered with 12-24, the bob run perfect!
    Now I would want drive the BOB with a motor Brushless Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 3542-1250kv and controller driver Turnigy dlux 70A SBEC Brushless Speed Controller w/Data Logging.
    could It work?
    UC300 ETH stepper drive connections-turnigy-aerodrive-jpg

UC300 ETH stepper drive connections-turnigy-speed-controller-jpg

The controller driver is powered by DC 12v-30A, and it have also a pins out for plug on the servo tester speed.

Downloads
    Uploads

I post here the scheme wiring of speed controller, and also the servo tester for variable speed of motor. I hope can help.

UC300 ETH stepper drive connections-controller-speed-brushless-pin-scheme-jpg
    UC300 ETH stepper drive connections-servo-tester-jpg

the servo tester is plugged to connector with three wire signed with circle blue on the picture

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Re: UC300 ETH stepper drive connections

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    You need to use Port 2 or Port 3.
    Can you tell me please on a UC300ETH with 5 LPT BOB ( from where you recomand using port 2 and 3 ) ... what is the reason to use another china BOB ?

and i want to make some very important remarks on this topic:

This 5LPT BOB have the MC74HC14A Schmith trigger IC that is squaring the wave if some noise occurred and it has a low current on input for the PICMCU of the UC300 conctroller and a 20 mA on the output.
    If i connect another board i will benefit from the optocupler insulation but with some down sides:
    1) propagation time the HC14 has around 100nanoseconds and the optocupler PC818 is 40 microseconds or for 6n137 around 3 microseconds. so total delay added is around 3.5 microseconds from the MCU side to the motor driver for example
    2) logic is inversed because the HC14 in an inverting Schmith trigger so if uc300 will send a pulse, it will be allways on 5v and on 0v during pulse, and on 5LPT BOB this is translated to 0 V all the time and 5 V during the pulse ... but after another board the signal will be again allways on 5v and on 0v during pulse witch can make the driver to receive long pulses with short breakes wich can make unknown moves or states.
    3) if the driver is protected with optocuplers and the led power supply from the optocupler side of the driver is a good chosen one ( separated completly from the motor power source, shield wire to earth not GND and not take 5V from The PC power supply to power The UC300 because you destroy the insulation from the Ethernet cable that CNC Drive is providing ( GND from Shielding developed by CNC Drive)) then the extra optocupler is useless.

I just bought a UC300 ETH board and i plan to use the direct connection to the 5 LPT for the stepper motor drivers on the pins that are protected with optocupler and for the rest ( switches , etc) i plan to remove the HC14 from the China board or make a fresh pcb just with the optocuplers ( The 6N137) and the correct current limiting resistors and use the non inverting output by taking the singnal from Emitor pin.

Downloads
    Uploads

1.) A PC818 is too slow to properly drive steppers. The 40 microsec delay is too much. The 6N137 is fast and good. To drive relays the PC818 is also OK.
    2.) You can invert the logic in software.
    3.) Yes, the coupler is useless if you common the 2 grounds should not do that.CNCdrive - motion controls

Why not buy a good breakout board like: CNCdrive - motion controls
    I just got mine and it uses HCPL2631 couplers: https://www.mouser.com/ds/2/149/HCPL2631-1010473.pdf
    and power N Mosfets on all outputs.
    The propagation delay is 100nsec max. for the HCPL2631 so you can use all isolated outputs for motor drives, relays or anything else, those optocouplers are hyperfast.
    You can connect upto 2 pieces of UCBB breakout boards to the UC300ETH-5LPT.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    1.) A PC818 is too slow to properly drive steppers. The 40 microsec delay is too much. The 6N137 is fast and good. To drive relays the PC818 is also OK.
    2.) You can invert the logic in software.
    3.) Yes, the coupler is useless if you common the 2 grounds should not do that.CNCdrive - motion controls

Why not buy a good breakout board like: CNCdrive - motion controls
    I just got mine and it uses HCPL2631 couplers: https://www.mouser.com/ds/2/149/HCPL2631-1010473.pdf
    and power N Mosfets on all outputs.
    The propagation delay is 100nsec max. for the HCPL2631 so you can use all isolated outputs for motor drives, relays or anything else, those optocouplers are hyperfast.
    You can connect upto 2 pieces of UCBB breakout boards to the UC300ETH-5LPT.
    This is realy nice . I will consider buying this because is faster than building myself.
    But on this thread people was speaking about using the china boars connected to the uc300 and for me this was not a good solutin ... cheap but poor results.
    Ucbb board seems to be exactly what i need and i can buy from china standard arduino related relay boards to drive power for light pump etc ... or a solid state for the vacuum

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GanaO_Tech View Post
    This is realy nice . I will consider buying this because is faster than building myself.
    But on this thread people was speaking about using the china boars connected to the uc300 and for me this was not a good solutin ... cheap but poor results.
    Ucbb board seems to be exactly what i need and i can buy from china standard arduino related relay boards to drive power for light pump etc ... or a solid state for the vacuum
    And probably not only faster than building your own BOB, but cheaper too, because if you built 1-2 pieces for yourself then the material cost is high.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123