Stepper motor goes in the direction it wants even though the software says up or down

Thread: Stepper motor goes in the direction it wants even though the software says up or down

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Stepper motor goes in the direction it wants even though the software says up or down

Imagine this : you press the left arrow key, expecting the X axis to move left ... it does ... once in a while. If you repeat this often, the software registers a negative X but the motor turns either one way or the other ... randomly from each keypress. Anyone had that symptom before ?

When installing the control panel to the wood back plane, there was a spark ... I burned something ... I replaced the burned wire and I tried interchanging things to get that it was the driver that was not working properly *I though) ... now that I have a new driver, I discover that the problem persist ...

I have to check if I burned a DB25 card or the smoothstepper itself. I have to get my oscilloscope running ...

Stepper motor goes in the direction it wants even though the software says up or down-wp_000835-jpg

Stepper motor goes in the direction it wants even though the software says up or down-wp_000840-jpg

Any ideas anyone ?

Mike quite perplexed at the randomness of the direction of the stepper motor ...