Raiding photocopiers for steppers - Page 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Raiding photocopiers for steppers

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Jason, it's great that you found those, but could you please share which model copiers you got them out of so we know better where to look?

James hosts the single best wiki page about motors for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://techref.massmind.org/techref/io/motors.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will get the info and post on Monday. (only two days and I forgot the model already must be getting older )

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Most floor standing copiers will have these in,I stripped a large Printer once but it only had 3 small steppers in.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Marsha View Post
    I will get the info and post on Monday. (only two days and I forgot the model already must be getting older )
    Not meaning to be a nag, but I'd really love to know which models to look in...

James hosts the single best wiki page about motors for CNC hobbyists on the net:
    http://techref.massmind.org/techref/io/motors.htm Disagree? Tell him what's missing! ,o)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry James,

Toshiba Estudio 3511 and Estudio 281C carry the unipolar 300 oz/inch 60 mm motor behind the motherboard.

Jason

Downloads
    Uploads

Excellent! Thanks Jason. I've added those to my list at:
    techref.massmind.org/techref/io/stepper/linistep/motors.htm

I though I would be able to read the part number on the motors from the picture, but the shaft is in the way... you wouldn't be willing to post that would you? :hopeful: Sorry to be such a pain, but I really hope people will use this list to find these motors in old equipment and know which machines to tear into... it makes it less likely they will be wasted in land fills or whatever.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No Prob,

TYPE 103H7823-0715

Inductance 2.4 mH

Actual torque 297 oz/inch instead of 300 oz/inch.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Jason! I was going to look up the specs on that motor from the part number and post a data sheet if I found one, but I can't even find the specs! Other that what you said about it being 3 amps, 300oz/in (and I can see it's 6 wires) I can't find anything. I can see on the label that it's 1.8'/step and it doesn't look like there is anything else listed. If you happen to measure he coil resistance, and have a sec to let us know, I'd appreciate it. Wish we could find the inductance 'cause then we could know the max drive voltage and probably calculate a rough detent torque. Anyway, thanks for all the information and for documenting where we can find these motors!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just to report in. The Sanyo Denki StepSyn 60mm steppers from the toshiba copier are working like a dream in my 5x5 router.

Three 60mm motors on the X, Y & A axes. The Z axis is running a nema 23(56mm) motor.

To clear up a post by someone earlier in this thread about photocopier steppers being useless. Steppers are run using usually 24 volts and up. If you run them at 5 volts or use motors with poor specs they will not work properly.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Raiding photocopiers for steppers-dscn0798-jpg  
    Last edited by Jason Marsha; 01-03-2014 at 07:58 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Marsha View Post
    Just to report in. The Sanyo Denki StepSyn 60mm steppers from the toshiba copier are working like a dream in my 5x5 router.

Three 60mm motors on the X, Y & A axes. The Z axis is running a nema 23(56mm) motor.

To clear up a post by someone earlier in this thread about photocopier steppers being useless. Steppers are run using usually 24 volts and up. If you run them at 5 volts or use motors with poor specs they will not work properly.
    Old topic, same situation: lack of info on those proprietary steppers from copiers. I have some pulled motors here (see atached files) and would like to know if they will be able to run a small Cnc router. As far as I could search, the 4A from Sanyo-denki (103H7126-0941) should have between 165-180 oz.in...

Any help ??

One last question: what kind of driver are you guys using to move those sanyo-denki motors ?? Since the motors are hibrid, the best winding option is bipolar ??

thanks in advance !!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Raiding photocopiers for steppers-fcab56b5-b2e2-4da9-9d2a-25ea19fdf05b-jpg   Raiding photocopiers for steppers-8cc17304-0a8a-48ef-a0ab-4a0ee9b062f7-jpg   Raiding photocopiers for steppers-4e7dff72-e289-471e-a0b3-2c9f2bf00601-jpg   Raiding photocopiers for steppers-aab2f9de-b020-4368-b03a-e124fa5b0656-jpg  

Raiding photocopiers for steppers-e9b98b07-254f-430f-b9bf-8afe07e6530b-jpg   Raiding photocopiers for steppers-0a0c9372-d05d-4d7c-9138-9231426e445f-jpg   Raiding photocopiers for steppers-6a8ac0ca-17b3-45ee-aac3-7d1c29e08a9d-jpg   Raiding photocopiers for steppers-35f1cf8a-93bb-4eb7-a157-e83473d27a8e-jpg  

Last edited by monster-bash; 11-21-2017 at 11:54 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Raiding photocopiers for steppers

Back on the forum after a long layoff. These motors will drive a small cnc router. I use identical motors on the x and y axes. The motors on my 5x5 are driven with Hobbycnc 4 axis board.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678