Need Help! TB6560 Completely Locked Up and Unresponsive

Thread: TB6560 Completely Locked Up and Unresponsive

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question TB6560 Completely Locked Up and Unresponsive

I am building a CNC router with the TB6560 driver controller from china on ebay; I have the three axis blue one. So far nothing seems to be able to communicate with it. First I tried Ubuntu with LinuxCNC, but I am using a PCI Parallel Port card and wasn't able to get it working the way I wanted. Now I'm on XP with Mach 3 and not much has changed. When plugged in, all 3 red LEDS light up, along with the two green ones, and all three stepper motors lock up. I have tried changing the wiring of the steppers, many different pin configurations, but nothing changes. Reading the voltages of the parallel port pins shows 5 volts on pins 1-16, and changing things in MACH 3 does nothing to change the pin readings. The voltage at the stepper motors is also very high, 20 volts, causing the motors to get hot. I'm at a loss as to what to try next, since nothing seems to have any effect in the program. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help. I really do want to get this thing working so I can have a working CNC router.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

A good first troubleshooting step would be to figure out whether Mach3 is actually sending signals through your parallel port. It sounds like you've tried that already, but it's not clear to me whether you have done the following:

Try to monitor the voltage between one of your axis direction pins and ground while you use Mach3 to manually jog that axis, first in one direction and then in the other direction - you should see close to 5 volts in one direction and 0 volts in the other direction. If you don't see that, then it may be a problem with either your Mach3 ports and pins definition or perhaps with Mach3 talking to your parallel port.

Motors getting hot may not indicate a problem - it is normal for stepper motors to get hot when the motor voltage is applied.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ajbeck.. have you change any of the motor tuning settings. I am also new to setting all this up. My motors wouldn't move either until I "turned down the steps per, velocity, and turned up the step pulse. Try 60 velocity, acc 4, and step pulse 4. Also at first the driver didn't install correctly the first time for me, but seems you have all the lights.