TB6600 drive from EBAY - Page 2

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: TB6600 drive from EBAY

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

When I searched for hy-div268n the first vendor to show up was Good Luck Buy. A bit of luck is certainly needed when buying a mystery product from the Far East. =)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by silcnc View Post
    I was thinking of buying some of these drivers (hy-div268n). Do you think they will work well or should I steer clear?
    They work but only at 30% of the chip's capacity.
    A very simple torque comparison test did prove this, I have a short and crappy movie of the test setup wich I could post but don't have the time now.
    A weight was attached on a lever fixed to motor axle, the HY drive could rotate 0.36Kg without loosing steps or stalling, my DIY drive worked up to 1.34Kg.........

Don't buy this one, it will never work up to expectations.
    The Haoyu looks to be better but it will not provide full power at very low speed.
    There might be some that work well but I haven't seen one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by H500 View Post
    When I searched for hy-div268n the first vendor to show up was Good Luck Buy. A bit of luck is certainly needed when buying a mystery product from the Far East. =)
    Mine came from " first-supply " but the Paypal transfer confirmation showed " Xories " as the payment destination.
    They all sell the same (crappy) product.

Open source CNC electronics and accessories:
    http://home.scarlet.be/ldt006/THB6064AH.html

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

They work but only at 30% of the chip's capacity.
    Is the poor cooling the limiting factor?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No, not at all.

The problem is in the design: wrong component values wich cause the chip to remain in idle current all the time wich is that 30%.
    I think they never used a scope to verify their design, the concept isn't wrong but some component values are waaaaay off what they should be.
    Also the designer didn't read the datasheet, there are at least 5 totally unnecessary components.

I did complain about the wrong documentation regarding the microstep settings, the manual and the drive's cover are different.
    They were happy that I pointed that out and issued a partial refund but they are still on offer on Ebay with the same error.
    It was already really hard to convince them on this obvious error and thus I didn't pursue the other problems like lack of torque.

They just don't care about the quality and performance: selling is important and if somebody complains, it takes 10 or more mails back and forth and if the customer doesn't give up then they just propose a partial refund: Issue closed and they continue selling the same crap.

The very same thing happened with the TB6560 drive's: Complaints, forum posts on the reliability issue, lack of and even wrong documentation in a lot of cases etc.. have no effect at all. ( see the posts on the forum here for TB6560 ).
    Did they do something about this? No, not at all. The same stuff is still for sale on Ebay and other sources.
    $$'s is the only thing that's matters.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well lucas, you seem to have the smarts to show us how to build a driver the right way. I know I would appreciate it if you would show us how it's done.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by salzburg View Post
    Well lucas, you seem to have the smarts to show us how to build a driver the right way. I know I would appreciate it if you would show us how it's done.
    Take a look at the web page in his sig block.

Mark

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Are the TB6600 and the TB6064 the same?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Almost the same, differences are in the control signals and some features:
    - different microstep possibilities, THB6064 has more.
    - TB6600 lacks settings for decay modes.
    - TB6600 has an internal 5V regulator but it's maximum current capability is not clear.
    - TB6600 lacks automatic idle current and this is where the Chinese designs fail.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Lucas. Sorry on OT. Can you please advice me which driver to buy? I have post thread in "want to buy section"? At first I tried to do something with similar one, cheap from ebay but didn't achive much.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/want_b...ol_driver.html

P.S.
    I am newbie and this forum is only way to learn something about this things.
    Thank you in advance.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I love it when someone with exceptional knowledge of a relatively specialized area of study shares what they find with the rest of the class. Keep it up, Lucas! Have you torn down and evaluated any of the Geckodrive products? Thoughts on them? Are there any lower-cost drivers which meet a minimum level of acceptability in your opinion?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Oh wow, I just found your kit! Never mind about the last question, and thanks very much for putting this together.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by modric View Post
    Hello Lucas. Sorry on OT. Can you please advice me which driver to buy? I have post thread in "want to buy section"? At first I tried to do something with similar one, cheap from ebay but didn't achive much.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/want_b...ol_driver.html
    The motors you have are a bit weak, also their inductance is high (= no torque at high speed) and this will not allow you to achieve 800mm/min with M8 leadscrews.
    You could try with ACME or trapezium style screws with have a higher pitch, but I'm afraid that those motors won't be strong enough to get decent results.
    Been there, done that a long time ago and it didn't work for me. You will need 1Nm (minimum) motors with low inductance ( 2-2.5 mH) and good screws with a pitch of approx. 3mm/turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxelder View Post
    I love it when someone with exceptional knowledge of a relatively specialized area of study shares what they find with the rest of the class. Keep it up, Lucas! Have you torn down and evaluated any of the Geckodrive products? Thoughts on them? Are there any lower-cost drivers which meet a minimum level of acceptability in your opinion?
    "exceptional knowledge" is exagerated, there are people here with more knowledge on the subject.
    I have some Gecko drives and they are great, if you want a trouble free setup: buy them. They work perfectly with most motors and they will get the most out of them.
    Within limits of course, you can't expect a weak motor to drive a heavy gantry.
    Leadshine has some good drivers also, donno about the pricing.
    The DIY THB6064 drives are working fine if you have decent motors.

Bottom line: Gecko is a class apart and can't be compared with the cheap Chinese Ebay drives but there are some in between wich can be used satisfactory if you match motors, drives and screws to use the motors within their specifications.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast