Found a random 8 wire Stepper motor -- which driver to use?

Thread: Found a random 8 wire Stepper motor -- which driver to use?

Default Found a random 8 wire Stepper motor -- which driver to use?

Hi guys. I was tooling around in my shop today and ran across an old indexer driven with a stepper motor (see picture). There are no markings on the motor to give me a clue about it.

I do know that it has 8 wires coming out of it.

What sort of testing can I do on this motor to determine if it works before I invest in another drive and power supply?

How do I determine what sort of driver I need. Does an 8 wire motor require a special driver?
    The rest of the motors on my build are Leadshine Easy servos so I would like to stay with a Leadshine driver.

I see on their website they offer a selection of drives. How do I select one without knowing the particulars on this motor?

I guess as a last option I could just ditch the motor and go with all new motor and drive.

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Rob