The first of the boiler parts I made for these little locomotives were the end caps that will be silver-soldered into each end of the boilers.
These were made from a slice of the boiler tubing stock, annealed and tapped down over a mandrel I turned in the lathe.
When I made my first set the radius I used was way too big...but at least it'll add extra water capacity. I'll use the big ends for the boiler backheads, but I turned a smaller radius on my mandrel, and made a second set.
Sorry for the blurry photo, the rest will be better. ;D
After this photo, all four end caps were drilled for the flue pipe that passes through the boilers, and set aside until later.