Video SprutCAM 11 - Coming Soon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SprutCAM 11 - Coming Soon!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: SprutCAM 11 - Coming Soon!

Yuri - are there any improvements in the tool libraries for either the mill or the lathe? When is SprutCAM 11 due to be released?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    Yuri - are there any improvements in the tool libraries for either the mill or the lathe? When is SprutCAM 11 due to be released?
    X2

MH as always you put it much more diplomatically than the response I had T'd up so I'll roll with yours

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Paul-JB View Post
    X2

MH as always you put it much more diplomatically than the response I had T'd up so I'll roll with yours
    Guess you just caught me in a good mood <g>.

Michael, yes a little bit:

Quote Originally Posted by Jake_Tormach View Post
    SprutCAM and I noticed this thread. Just to give everyone a heads up, I have spent the better part of today getting all drawings together for us to create all of the tool holders that Tormach offers. This holder library will come standard with SprutCAM. For those who currently have it, a future update will apply it, otherwise SprutCAM 11 it will come standard.

Last edited by Yuri Vishnevsky; 01-16-2017 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Correct name

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use SprutCam as I got it with my tormach not long ago. Doing basic things it ok but the whole user interface is not user friendly and I hope SprutCam really starts to put a lot of effort in modernizing and making things more intuitive.

If not I think they will start to struggle more with sales as other Cam options become more popular like fusion360 CAD/CAM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri Vishnevsky View Post
    Yuri,

I've had problems with the tools in the mill libraries not sorting properly, the lathe tools randomly changing parameters (tool #, station #, units of measurement, etc.), and it would be nice if there was a way to specify feeds and speeds for different work materials (aluminum, stainless steel, brass, etc. Will ther be any improvement in those areas?

Michael, thanks.
    The new library for us is one of the main task for few months, but public release will be available in next version 12 only.

What's New: New Corners Cleanup operation:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri Vishnevsky View Post
    Michael, thanks.
    The new library for us is one of the main task for few months, but public release will be available in next version 12 only.
    I'm sorry to hear that - the tool libraries have been a source of major frustration for me, and at least a few others. I use the Imperial system mostly - can you say if the libraries have fewer problems with the metric system?

I'm sorry to hear that - the tool libraries have been a source of major frustration for me, and at least a few others. I use the Imperial system mostly - can you say if the libraries have fewer problems with the metric system?
    Michael,

I believe the metric runs along the same lines as the imperial and its functionality. If you, or anyone on this board, runs into any issues with it, please send an email to jake@tormach.com. I can keep a running list of possible user issues and send them to the SprutCAM techs directly. Some issues users may be having could be fixed in an update if it's small enough. I will work with Yuri and SprutCAM and keep you guys updated on any tool library issues and fixes that are addressed.

Thank you,

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Jake. I've had the most problem with lathe tool libraries and am about to start another lathe project soon. I'll document the specific problems I see and send them on to you.

Mike

What's new: New Show Points feature

What's new: Overview of the machining strategies for the new '5D Surfacing' operation

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

On the latest update to 10, it reversed drill default directions! My M3 went to M4. I of course didn't notice until the drills were howling! Might need to check on that

Quote Originally Posted by menzzer37 View Post
    On the latest update to 10, it reversed drill default directions! My M3 went to M4. I of course didn't notice until the drills were howling! Might need to check on that
    Greetings,
    I have not seen this issue yet. Have you updated since then and is it still doing it? Please send me an email to jsteuber@sprutcamamerica.com if you are still experiencing these issues.

Downloads
    Uploads

Got my V11 upgrade notification email today..
    Might be early to ask but has anyone bit yet?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yep. I bit the bullet and upgraded due to a string of issues I was having with Sprutcam 10 after a windows reinstall.
    My tool Libary now works properly finally and I must say SprutCam 11 has a lot more efficient tools paths.
    No more jumping about and going all the way around the part to take a tiny bit off a corner.
    I loaded a previous project from Sprutcam 10 and It came up with an error. Clicked ok. Had to sort a few little things out and It shows a weird tool path that's not used in the simulator. I can't seem to get rid of it but I don't think it will effect the process.
    Process like face milling now has strategy and process in the parameters menu which is nice.
    Other than that it's too early to tell what other improvements there are

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the report Labern. I plan to upgrade to stay current but nice to know some things to expect.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Labern View Post
    I loaded a previous project from Sprutcam 10 and It came up with an error. Clicked ok. Had to sort a few little things out and It shows a weird tool path that's not used in the simulator. I can't seem to get rid of it but I don't think it will effect the process.
    I want to stay current with this program but this will effect me a great deal. Unless Sprutcam allows me access to version 10 to use on my current parts and all new parts I can use Sprutcam 11 on so I dont have to spend 100's of hours re loading clean models into new version 11 and rebuilding cam setup from scratch because new version is not compatible with previous versions files. I have over 500 parts NOT 5 or 10. Some of my projects have 25 cam files alone and to reload one in a new version to change maybe a simple feed or speed on one operation or a number of ops because of type of tool change like number of flutes or SS to carbide will not work and in short be a disaster for time and cost! Also someone out here will tell me or give the excuse of HAND EDIT the old file! Then why even use the cam software or pay for upgrade if I am going to hand edit it and add even more ways for errors and crash my very expensive mill and tools and parts I make! In short Why pay money for something that will cost you time and money in the process unless they allow you access or option to old version and the option to use it on older files.

Something for Sprutcam developers and resale vendors to consider!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast