Thread: New Feature - Machining Groups

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New Feature - Machining Groups

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Feature - Machining Groups

Sounds interesting!
    I tried Groups in sprut 7, I never could get it to work correctly, it would save the ops in the Group, but when I reloaded the Group I would have the ops but they wouldnt run correctly.

That was one thing I really wanted as I run several different parts with the same ops, maybe I will have to spring for 10!!

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Might be better to wait for an actual user report before spending money on the SC10 upgrade. I've yet to try machining groups myself as I'm still trying to muddle through much simpler features. Using SC on a lathe has opened up all sorts of new things to deal with.

Downloads
    Uploads

I always use groups at the least for different operations, and then if some ops I change based on tooling I do that too, so it can be very useful, without groups, its hard to post only the operation that you want, I mean first side then doing say the back side, as you end up posting everything, and sometimes you end up doing changes to only the backside of part (op2) and thus do not need the first side, so you simply put the X on the group

before this new custom group feature, I would import from a similar job and have my operations, BUT that has drawbacks that also wants to bring in the tool path geometry selections and what not, then you end up with lots of ? that you have to clear and rest the CAM op.