Sprutcam 10 Updates and Performance Issues

Thread: Sprutcam 10 Updates and Performance Issues

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Sprutcam 10 Updates and Performance Issues

Anyone notice that the update on 4/5/2016 just destroyed the performance throughout the program?
    SC10. Even the video response got hammered.
    Everything else including Solidworks works find as usual.

thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sprutcam 10 Updates and Performance Issues

I updated to the 4/1/2016 and noticed the 4/5/2016 was released couple days later. Thanks for the warning and whats with all the updates. The 4/1/2016 still did not fix the mill tray collision bug.
    -uman

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't update mostly because it provides additional possible error paths that I have figured out how to work around and in short they don't fix any party of the program I use. EVER!
    Imho I would be embarrassed to let the chip pan error make it to a oem disk distribution. Its like total amatures are used for any kind of beta testing. I found that problem in less then 30 seconds of use. What takes the cake is when I notified Tormach of the problem they said it was me and how I use fixtures and telling me I have the part embedded in mill table LOL. This was a skill I passed after 1 hour of experience 2 years ago. Now have 2 years of avid use and thousands of hours of experience and they still treat you like you have 1 hour of experience repeated for 2 years like it seams they do. When In fact it was not me and Tormach has no idea how to do what I do with fixtures, ucs, Ao and most all the other advanced features . How Tormach missed this is beyond me! I guess their cam beta testers don't even know how to use even the most basic functions of this program. Easy to see when you look at their instruction videos The videos Are great if you have 1 hour experience anymore any your way past those subjects. Or its an on going joke at sprutcam to push errors like this to end users to keep them wanting to upgrade the software. I notified them of a host of other errors in the program and post processor and I was told write it all up and prove the problem and we might look at it. I guess if I was paid to test their software like the people that work there this would be no problem and they would have plenty to keep up with reports from just 1 person. LIke the g54 look ahead buffer error in PP I found after just 5 minutes of using that program and 2 years later not fixed or even listed in bugs to address.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The pan issue was fixed not too long ago. When I contacted tormach, they said it would be in an upcoming update but that you can get the updated ones from the tormach website. I got them, and they work fine. I have also updated to the 4/5 with nothing going wrong. I have zero issues with tormach support, and having worked in support, you have to treat each customer the same and start at the basics. I've been using SprutCAM for over 4 years and I still forget the simple stuff. Bugs like the pan can come up during an update and be made unaware of. Fixturing is a big issue for collisions so I would have started there as well. The price we all paid for this software is a steal, and like it or not, the support we get for it is fantastic for the cost. I feel bad for the guys who have to deal with people like us. It's not an easy job.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am running the 4/1/2016 version and the surround pan collision bug is still present and accounted for on my system.
    Activate machine visibility with pan surround enabled and observe the pan flashing red during simulation with collision detection message.
    I update from within SC version window for Tormach only post.
    I'm still a novice on this software, so maybe I over looked something. Can anybody else confirm?
    -uman

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Uman View Post
    I am running the 4/1/2016 version and the surround pan collision bug is still present and accounted for on my system.
    Activate machine visibility with pan surround enabled and observe the pan flashing red during simulation with collision detection message.
    I update from within SC version window for Tormach only post.
    I'm still a novice on this software, so maybe I over looked something. Can anybody else confirm?
    -uman
    I believe it's in an upcoming update. Like I said, you can get the updated machine definitions off Tormachs website with the pan fix implemented if it's an immediate need. This was as of earlier this week.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have never updated my SC 10 yet. Should I wait or just jump in?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillyb24 View Post
    I believe it's in an upcoming update. Like I said, you can get the updated machine definitions off Tormachs website with the pan fix implemented if it's an immediate need. This was as of earlier this week.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by grimms3 View Post
    Anyone notice that the update on 4/5/2016 just destroyed the performance throughout the program?
    SC10. Even the video response got hammered.
    Everything else including Solidworks works find as usual.

thanks.
    You might look at the render mode setting under system setup - Visualizations. These Settings can effect program performance.
    Hope this helps more then my other post in this thread. Sorry was having a very bad day and it spilled into a comment above.

Last edited by mountaindew; 04-10-2016 at 08:01 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have called and e-mailed for the past three days just trying to get a price for the Sprutcam 10 lathe software. ????? Just called 10 minutes ago and was forced AGAIN to leave a message. WHAT!!!! Dan

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ican View Post
    I have called and e-mailed for the past three days just trying to get a price for the Sprutcam 10 lathe software. ????? Just called 10 minutes ago and was forced AGAIN to leave a message. WHAT!!!! Dan
    They have been closed 11-24 to 11-27 for the Thanksgiving holiday and are probably backed up with support questions today.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    They have been closed 11-24 to 11-27 for the Thanksgiving holiday and are probably backed up with support questions today.
    Thanks! I wandered off and am currently looking at Visual Turn... We'll see where it goes. Thanks Again for the info. Dan.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I learned the lathe side of SC last month to help a friend. Very powerful and easy to learn (I did already know how to use mill portion) The "contouring" operation is a doall function that uses the built in canned cycles or longhand, and the other operations produce longhand code. Lots of options, good results.