Problems with adaptive ruffing

Thread: Problems with adaptive ruffing

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Problems with adaptive ruffing

Hi I wanted to give adaptive ruffing a try and ran into the problem were the part has to be below the vice jaws. the walls are just to thin. The problem is the even though I've defined a restricted zone the program keeps putting the start of the cutter were a vice jaw will be. I've played with the setting but can not figure out what I need to change. The operation is called ruffing slot. Its currently disabled.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Problems with adaptive ruffing-hitting-vice-jaws-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Problems with adaptive ruffing

Quote Originally Posted by scottsss View Post
    Hi I wanted to give adaptive ruffing a try and ran into the problem were the part has to be below the vice jaws. the walls are just to thin. The problem is the even though I've defined a restricted zone the program keeps putting the start of the cutter were a vice jaw will be. I've played with the setting but can not figure out what I need to change. The operation is called ruffing slot. Its currently disabled.

Any help would be great. Thanks
    Select your 2D geometry as the job zone. Double click on the "Chain" entry to open the Item Properties dialog. Set the tool contact to "Inside" and pull the job zone a little away from the vice jaws by setting a negative stock (in this case -0.05).
    The result should look like this:
    Problems with adaptive ruffing-test-png
    Good luck
    Step