edit tool library specs

Thread: edit tool library specs

Downloads
    Uploads

Default edit tool library specs

SC9 library lists specifications for each tool in a tool table format. I typically work with aluminum 6061 and Delrin stock and I have a sets of cutters that are basically dedicated to each material. I created a custom tool library and it contains a plethora of information for each individual tool including data such as feedrate and rotation per minute and they are all populated with crazy values from an unknown source. I would like to get in and edit these values and retain the data until changed, but I do not know how to edit the values.
    Is this not possible?

-uman

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: edit tool library specs

Have you tried editing the "spreadsheet" data in this screen?

edit tool library specs-screenshot_2-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

I use Sprut 7, imagine they are similar to Sprut 9.

When setting up a machining op, I select the tool with the odd numbers, then go thru the different settings and change them to what you want, rpm, feedrate number of teeth, all the variables that can be set to your liking. Then select "replace" in the line under the tool selection window.
    The new tool specs should show up in that tool slot the next time you select it.

Another problem is some of the ops wont have the tool you want to select, I go to the machining tab, with Tormach highlighted select parameters, then select mill tools,work with tools library, then edit that list as it contains all the tools in your library. I am careful not to delete any of the tools, just select them and change them in their respective line, that way the tool order remains in numerical order.

I have not figured a way to get the tool table back into numerical order once its not in order.

mike sr

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks MichaelHenry and mike sr, I found it.
    On SC9 it is located under Parameters/Work with tool library/Mill tools/Table View.
    It was the little <table view> button at the top of the window that I missed.
    -uman

There are lots of parameters for each tool and a lot of them I can't make sense of. The help file does not give explanations for them as far as I have found. Does anyone know if there is an explanation for all the parameters somewher?

Downloads
    Uploads

Not that I've found. You could try emailing SprutCAMAmerica support at Tormach, but they might not know either.