Newbie Any FADAL users

Thread: Any FADAL users

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Any FADAL users

Just curious if / how many FADAL machine users were running SprutCAM? I just bought a fadal machine and trying to decide what CAM software to go with.

I am also using solidworks cad.

Thanks, T

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Any FADAL users

Fadal G code is very similar to Fanuc. What CAM you use is mostly up to you. They all fairly good in the class of CAM you are looking at. Myself I use EZCam and Visual Mill both are good low/mid cost SW. Some people like BobCad...I do not (personal preference as I do not like the way it is designed). There are others also to look at. Support is king in any SW you get. SpurtCam I cannot tell you anything about as I've never used it.

Since you OWN Solidworks I would go with HSMXpress | HSMWorks ? Integrated CAM for SolidWorks as it's free and a good place to start.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by scadvice View Post
    Fadal G code is very similar to Fanuc. What CAM you use is mostly up to you. They all fairly good in the class of CAM you are looking at. Myself I use EZCam and Visual Mill both are good low/mid cost SW. Some people like BobCad...I do not (personal preference as I do not like the way it is designed). There are others also to look at. Support is king in any SW you get. SpurtCam I cannot tell you anything about as I've never used it.

Since you OWN Solidworks I would go with HSMXpress | HSMWorks ? Integrated CAM for SolidWorks as it's free and a good place to start.
    The main issue with Fadals and SprutCAM, is the work offset, most 90% of posts I have seen setup to take the workcordiantes as a G and two numbers IE 54,55 etc... Fadals call work coordinates as E1, E2 etc... trying to mess with my Fanuc post to have one for Fadal did not work out for the that reason, it takes integers, but now your workcordiantes would be a String? or a letter plus a number...

Someone said they saw a Fadal post few versions back, when they had lots of posts on the server, wish someone had that all backed up! I would just love to look at how the post was done if it had E1, E2 etc..

Downloads
    Uploads

Finally got the machine running, and starting to learn the control better. With FADAL what is the difference between format 1 and format 2 ? How to know which is set and which needs to be set and why? Sort of confused by that. I got a free copy of the HSM Express to start out with. Thanks, to all who replied.

Tryon

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Format 2 is Fanuc compatible so a Fanuc postprocessor should work ok.