Sprutcam 9 - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sprutcam 9

Default Re: Sprutcam 9

I down loaded and installed SprutCAM 9, and opened some SprutCAM 8 files.

Sprutcam 9-img_5081-jpg

I am going to build a new W7 64 Bit machine to run SprutCAM 9 on, since hopefully the Tormach OEM version will be released sometime soon.

David

Last edited by David C. Allen; 06-03-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by David C. Allen View Post
    I down loaded and installed SprutCAM 9, and opened some SprutCAM 8 files.

I am going to build a new W7 64 Bit machine to run SprutCAM 9 on, since hopefully the Tormach OEM version will be released sometime soon.

David
    I have only owned sprutcam 8 for 4 months wonder what upgrade policy they have!
    I never could find information and I emailed them with no response.
    md

Feature based machining in SprutCAM 9

Sprutcam 9-sprutcam9_fbm-jpg

David

Downloads
    Uploads

That looks pretty cool! Any improvements in the UI to make it more logical and in the use of Imperial units?

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

ya so what other changes under the hood?

Downloads
    Uploads

so how have the trials of SC 9 been going? im busy and dont want to even start yet :/

I have also been busy and since there is no backward compatibility from 9 to 8 I have just been playing with 9.

Sorry I don't have more answers.

David

Downloads
    Uploads

I have also been busy and since there is no backward compatibility from 9 to 8 I have just been playing with 9.

Sorry I don't have more answers.

David
    We finally upgraded to 8, and I'm liking it, we did it because when sc9 comes out its said that if in short time u purchased new or upgrade that it would be small fee to upgrade to sc9 , so I'm hoping to get into sc9 fast so I don't have to mess much with 8? Unless they are very similar ?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I noticed the Tormach web site is listing SprutCAM 9

So I sent a request for upgrade pricing, for version 8 to version 9

David

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool. Let us know how much you like it.
    I spoke with Tormach the other week and they said a number of the bugs were addressed.
    -Nathan

I noticed the Tormach web site is listing SprutCAM 9

So I sent a request for upgrade pricing, for version 8 to version 9

David

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CadRhino View Post
    Cool. Let us know how much you like it.
    I spoke with Tormach the other week and they said a number of the bugs were addressed.
    -Nathan
    Wonder what number that was
    I can think of a dozen or so data base errors alone.
    Hard to say how many others are errors or just how the program defaults values when certain operations are created, copied or modified.
    Still not hard to figure out and work with or around. I found a bunch of problems when loading a part created on a previous version build. This is a common problem with many programs and easy fix is to just re create it from scratch on newer version. Oh and you can also goof up parts created on your current version if you experiment or try a bunch of different operations .... just works so much better to delete that file and start over.
    Md

Downloads
    Uploads

New video out showing some changes in sprut 9 and it also shows a machine definition for the 15l lathe
    md

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    New video out showing some changes in sprut 9 and it also shows a machine definition for the 15l lathe
    md
    That SC9 video intrigued me enough that I requested a quote for an upgrade from SC8 to SC9 yesterday and ordered it today. I then downloaded the trial and started playing with that a bit today but haven't done enough to report on improvements.

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh I see it when click the buy button
    SprutCAM for PCNC

Also I do not see any mention on SprutCAM America, SprutCAM America - Home I'm using the full SC

I guess I will send them an email?

Downloads
    Uploads

drutort - just click on the appropriate upgrade link from the Tormach page you linked to and you'll get a price quote and instructions on how to proceed. Apparently cost depends on when you bought what you have now and what version you are upgrading from. I got a quote within a few hours.

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    drutort - just click on the appropriate upgrade link from the Tormach page you linked to and you'll get a price quote and instructions on how to proceed. Apparently cost depends on when you bought what you have now and what version you are upgrading from. I got a quote within a few hours.

Mike
    Well since I bought 8 upgrade recently and they promised that 9 would be out, I still have there email of them saying that I would get 9 upgrade free, because I bought the full SC7 stand alone not with tormach machine, cost a lot more.

Upgrade to 8 was almost what new 9 costs for tormach (but half what full none tormach SC)?

I sent email will see I cant wait for 9, 8 was good but lots of little bugs, when selecting a tool or doing a change to operation, it would revert to stock or previous! that happened on T and H values! that was bad! I assumed I made changes, cought it while tweaking the GCODE in my back plotter (NCPLOT)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by drutort View Post
    I cant wait for 9, 8 was good but lots of little bugs...
    I downloaded the trial V9 Build 1.0 Rev 76589 a couple of days ago and I decided to start with a simple part that I need to make, basically three interpolated round holes in a profile. Unfortunately I couldn't select insides of the holes! I could select all other faces, but not the curved surfaces of the holes.
    The part was drawn in Alibre and exported directly into Sprut. I had to flip the part to machine the holes from the back which is no problem for Sprut 7. Regardless of where I click around the hole the bottom surface of the part is always selected, as though the bottom surface was also covering the holes. I later noticed that I could select the holes from the front, but even then I had to click on just the right place on the curved surface. I added a square hole with a radius in each corner and was able to select all faces individually from the back of the part without any problems, so this problem appears to be restricted to round holes. Obviously I can't rule out a compatibility issue between Alibre and Sprut 9 at this stage.
    I was also able to select the round holes using Feature Based Machining, and although this new feature looks cool, I'll have to play with it for a while before I decide how useful it really is. Selecting the holes in the usual manner is essential for me and this represents a no-go at the moment.
    Has anyone else experienced this? I'm hoping this is only an issue specific to this release.
    Step

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm using the same trial version as you with IGES files exported manually from GeoMagic Design 16. I just did a quick and dirty test and it appears to me that the hole selection feature is working OK and pretty much the same as it did with SC8. Make sure you have the applicable icons selected in the objects filter section, right under the Control menu item at the top of the Machining window.

If you want to upload the file here one of us can take a look at it.

Looks like my Tool Library or SC9's library feature is messed up. In SC8 you could sort the library by tool number but that doesn't seem to work in SC9. Hope I'm just missing something.

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    I'm using the same trial version as you with IGES files exported manually from GeoMagic Design 16. I just did a quick and dirty test and it appears to me that the hole selection feature is working OK and pretty much the same as it did with SC8. Make sure you have the applicable icons selected in the objects filter section, right under the Control menu item at the top of the Machining window.

If you want to upload the file here one of us can take a look at it.

Looks like my Tool Library or SC9's library feature is messed up. In SC8 you could sort the library by tool number but that doesn't seem to work in SC9. Hope I'm just missing something.

Mike
    Hello Mike
    Thanks for responding. I updated to a slightly newer version yesterday but with no improvement. I have a few more things that I could check out, but if I don't get anywhere I'll post an example.
    Step

Downloads
    Uploads

The tests I made earlier were using my NEW laptop: it's very difficult or impossible to select some items. I installed Sprut 9 on my desktop and what do you know - it works fine together with the same version of Alibre. Other tests have shown that the problem isn't limited to round holes as I had assumed earlier.
    The difference?
    Laptop: Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Desktop: Windows 7, 64 bit
    I can't be sure that Windows 8.1 is the culprit but I don't like it at all anyway so I think it might be short lived.....
    Step

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast