Need Help! Newbie SC user needs help

Thread: Newbie SC user needs help

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Newbie SC user needs help

I'm hoping some of you Sprutcam Jockeys can lend me a hand. I'm new to CAM programming, so I'm sure some of my problems are due to my limited knowledge.

So far I've tried to do 2 projects in Sprutcam. The first went OK, but it definitley took a while for such a simple part, and it still had a few issues I need to go back and sort out.

I decided to try a simpler project (or at least I thought it would be a simpler project) to better get my feet wet with the software. It hasn't gone well. I've attached the project if anyone wants to take a look at it.

I attempted to take a very simple approach to cutting the part. A roughing operation and a finishing operation. I know this isn't how I would ultimately machine the part, but I thought it would be a good place to start. For some reason SC decides to leave material in places where it should be removed, and removes material in some places where it should remain.

I'm really hoping this is just due to my lack of knowledge of the software. Right now I feel like the money spent on SC was wasted. (It doesn't help that I sent an e-mail to support the first of the week and haven't heard anything. I hope Eric was on vacation this week.)

Thanks in advance,

Scott

(I'm not having any luck uploading the attachment right now. I'll keep trying.)