How do I stop creating .~stc backups?

Thread: How do I stop creating .~stc backups?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default How do I stop creating .~stc backups?

I cannot find the SC setting to turn off the automatic creation of a backup file (.~stc or .BAK) when I save a project.
    How can I turn this off?
    Bevin

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bevin,
    I'm not sure there is an easily accessible switch to turn that feature off, although it may be buried in an .xml file somewhere. Whenever you save a proect, the original project that was opened is renamed with a .~stc extension in order to protect your previous work if the newly saved project is corrupted in some way. It doesn't add significantly to the 'save' time and seems like a nice feature that you might not want to disable. - Terry

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Terry,
    Yes I know the purpose of the .~stc as a backup and its potential advantages. But since SC does not have a CTRL-Z function to reverse the last step, I save often and as well, I save as a version number at key stages before moving. I am not a fluent user of SC so I often find myself going the wrong direction and so it is handy to return to a known good condition.

Consequently I end up with a lot of ~.stc files that really are unnecessary for me and which are just annoying when looking for files.

Yes I have searched for text strings in the .xml files under \Supplements, strings that could form an XML instruction when autosaving, but without success. So I guess that there is no way to turn off the auto backup. I think there was in earlier versions, but I could be confused with other programs.

Anyway it is only a minor irritation.
    Bevin