Need Help! Chinese spindle: what connector?

Thread: Chinese spindle: what connector?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chinese spindle: what connector?

I volunteer at a make space, and someone donated a 4 ft cnc mill. Sadly, some parts are missing. I’m trying to identify the spindle connector on this Chinese spindle, which we think is a 2.2kW motor. It has 4 pins, the plug would be around 14mm diameter, and the connector is not threaded but a twist-lock. There are two outer keyways for the lock and one inner key way for the plug.

If anyone has a link to the right thing to buy, we’d be grateful!

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese spindle: what connector?-a94e8e77-cb19-4a27-b057-7fd182005a43-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese spindle: what connector?

4-Pin Cable Female Connector, Stepper Motor Connector 3A / 40V.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Farr...StoreLevelAB=5

or you can solder a shielded wire directly on the male connector itself, it`s cheaper that way and more resistant to connector power loss if that`s mine I wont bother buying a connector on that one, I will solder the shielded wires directly on the connectors itself, put some RTV silicone and voila! more rigid than any connector on earth

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese spindle: what connector?-farrow-cable-rvvp-1m-high-quality-1-a   Chinese spindle: what connector?-4-pin-kabeldose-kabelkupplung-cnc-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese spindle: what connector?

Hmm... 3A and 40V? The VFD requires 240v. Would this connector have what it takes?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by chzdanish View Post
    Hmm... 3A and 40V? The VFD requires 240v. Would this connector have what it takes?
    Connectors are designed for "ease of access" on assembling or disassembling the unit, but sometimes will be the causes of some problems, (loosing contact) you can order a 240v 4 wire shielded if you want.