Upgrade of Huanyang vfd - Page 3

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade of Huanyang vfd

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Upgrade of Huanyang vfd

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You have to set the correct pins in Mach to match the breakout board for the 0-10v output

In motor Tuning have you set the spindle settings
    I matched the ones in the pdf. According to the pdf it appears to say that to use p1 for pwm but there is a pin place for pwm on the bottom of the Bob so it's confusing. Using p1 in mach3 doesn't do anything.

Does the wiring for the Estop look correct? If I use p10 and join the two wires it does not stop. All of the settings for mach3 were taken from the PDF. My axis work fine.

The motor tuning is set but it could be wrong. Are there suggested settings?

Sorry to be a pain but I've spent hours trying to sort this myself.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ericks

Hi, why have you not connected the 12-24V to the bob?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Hi, why have you not connected the 12-24V to the bob?
    I didn't know that I had to. I'm just a cnc user trying to get this to work. The builder has no customer service and dropped me in it..... #steeplearningcurve Upgrade of Huanyang vfd

Will the Estop and spindle speed from mach3 not work without it?

What do I need to connect and where to?
    Terminal 12 and 20?

Thanks Jase

ericks

I am not talking about the VFD terminals. You have to connect either 12V or 24V to the breakout board, look at the image of the BOB where it says 12-24V pwm/limit switches. Just under the relay connection. They all highlighted with a red block around them. This 12/24V supplies the BOB with voltage to be able to source your 0-10V for the VFD speed reference and the limit switch power/signal.

ericks

The connections you made between your VFD and BOB are all correct...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am not talking about the VFD terminals. You have to connect either 12V or 24V to the breakout board, look at the image of the BOB where it says 12-24V pwm/limit switches. Just under the relay connection. They all highlighted with a red block around them. This 12/24V supplies the BOB with voltage to be able to source your 0-10V for the VFD speed reference and the limit switch power/signal.
    Ericks, please bear with me. As I stated I did not build this machine. The builder doesn't want to help....so I'm trying to learn fast!

If I wire the two empty terminals on the right of the Bob to 12 and 20 of the vfd will that supply the 12/24v required?

Thanks Jase

ericks

No worries .....you could take the power from your VFD, personally try not to do that. Don't you have either 12V or 24V in your control panel?

ericks

The reason i don't use the VFD psu for external devices is that if you get a short somewhere, that could damage your drive....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The reason i don't use the VFD psu for external devices is that if you get a short somewhere, that could damage your drive....
    This is the inside of my electrics box. Could this be a 12/24v power supply?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Or I guess I could take 12v from the pc power supply?

ericks

Sorry for the delay, i came off night shift and went to bed. That little psu might be what you require, if it doesn't have specs written on it then either measure the output or check where the output cables are going to.
    Maybe a fan??

Last edited by ericks; 01-31-2018 at 03:24 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry for the delay, i came off night shift and went to bed. That little psu might be what you require, if it doesn't have specs written on it then either measure the output or check where the output wires are going to.
    Maybe a fan??
    Nights...me too. It appears to go to the supplies to the motor drivers. There seems to be 4 power supplies that are getting their power from that smaller one.

Last edited by potts43; 01-31-2018 at 03:04 AM.

ericks

Quote Originally Posted by potts43 View Post
    Nights...me too. It appears to go to the supplies to the motor drivers.

Maybe not? You have four power supplies that supply the power to the four motor drives. Could it be the 5V supply to the bob?

ericks

If you use the VFD 24V then best you install a fuse to protect the VFD against possible external shorts....
    I had a quick look at your VFD manual....you are able to "read" the incoming 0-10V from your bob and display it on your VFD display, nice feature if you don't have a multi meter...so you can actually see the frequency ref from Mach3 via your bob

12V from pc psu should be okay...

Last edited by ericks; 01-31-2018 at 03:26 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you use the VFD 24V then best you install a fuse to protect the VFD against possible external shorts....
    I had a quick look at your VFD manual....you are able to "read" the incoming 0-10V from your bob and display it on your VFD display, nice feature if you don't have a multi meter...so you can actually see the frequency ref from Mach3 via your bob

I get frustrated not knowing this stuff but love reading and learning. It's great having guys like you who are willing to help.

I'm having no help from Danfoss regarding vfd parameters. I can get it to show that an external pot is being read but it doesn't alter the spindle speed. The on-board pot works. Is there a parameter that needs to be set to accept commands from a analogue input? I even wired an Estop and that doesn't work either.

ericks

Drives require you to "tell" them the source of the start signal....keypad or terminal etc...
    Next it requires you to set the frequency ref point...either the keypad/on board pot or external 4-20mA or external 0-10V.
    These analog speed ref inputs are also able to be scaled by parameters, giving you flexibility...

I will check the speed ref parameters required for your application. Meantime you should connect the 12 or 24 V power to your bob...
    Give me a little time....just going out for a couple of hours, then i will help you
    Will also show you how to set up your drive to see the analog value for testing purposes....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Drives require you to "tell" them the source of the start signal....keypad or terminal etc...
    Next it requires you to set the frequency ref point...either the keypad/on board pot or external 4-20mA or external 0-10V.
    These analog speed ref inputs are also able to be scaled by parameters, giving you flexibility...

I will check the speed ref parameters required for your application. Meantime you should connect the 12 or 24 V power to your bob...
    Give me a little time....just going out for a couple of hours, then i will help you
    Will also show you how to set up your drive to see the analog value for testing purposes....
    You are a star!

ericks

Hi....so you have connected from your bob to 53?

Downloads
    Uploads

You can not use the VFD Drives power supply, they are not designed to run anything other than there own control Terminals, they are only have a milli-amp output supply, not enough for anything external like a Breakout Board needs

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    You can not use the VFD Drives power supply, they are not designed to run anything other than there own control Terminals, they are only have a milli-amp output supply, not enough for anything external like a Breakout Board needs
    No prob. Ill get a dedicated supply if need be. Ill try using the pc 12v supply first. I think the little supply in the box is supplying 5v and not 12. What output supply should I look at getting?

I've been finishing some DIY. Going to take a look this afternoon.....before collecting the kids.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast