CNC Spindle not stop

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNC Spindle not stop

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC Spindle not stop

Hello;
    I am new here on this forum.I am using 3 axis CNC machine from the last three years.But I am facing problem from the last 6 months that our CNC Machine's spindle is not working properly.When the G-Code ends the spindle is not stop on the require time that we have set 5 sec in VFD. This behavior is gradually. In the morning when we start the machine then the machine's spindle stop normally but as the time pass or the work job time is greater then the spindle is not stop properly its takes longer time almost 5 to 10 mins but some time the frequency value on VFD constant then i have to press the emergency button or switch off the machine.I am really worried regarding this problem.
    If any person help me it will be very grateful.

Regards;
    Muhammad Muzammil Mukhtar

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Spindle not stop

What make/model of VFD do you have?
    Do you get any msge on the display?
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    What make/model of VFD do you have?
    Do you get any msge on the display?
    Al.
    Nothing error message show on the VFD just decreasing the frequency values from 300 Hz to 0 Hz.It should decrease in 5 sec actually machine did properly before 5 to 6 months but now a days i told you its behavior is not regular when we start the machine its spindle stop normally when the G code end by the M5 code.But as the time pass means in the evening spindle not stop properly its spinning continuously even G code ends.The frequency values decreasing very slowly we can see on the VFD.Is this spindle issue means either the spindle is old or some electronics issue???

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like something heat related in the VFD controller.
    Al.

Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

okay brother i will send you the video today due to this you can see the behavior of spindle.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you send me the your email address? So i can send the video for the behavior of spindle because in CNC forum I cannot upload due to the big size of video.

Downloads
    Uploads

Try eliminating any delay to stop in VFD parameters and use controller software. This will at least help narrow down to cause.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mukhtar View Post
    okay brother i will send you the video today due to this you can see the behavior of spindle.
    Don't need to send a video, just post some photos of the wiring and how you are controlling the VFD, sounds like the relay that turns On / Off the VFD is bad

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Okay I will send you the pictures of wiring of our CNC machine.Yes we have changed the relay which is on and off the VFD it works good for almost 20 days then again same behavior of the spindle.I thought may be another issue in electronics.
    In your opinion no other issue in the machine OTHER THAN RELAY?Or we have to change the relay then kindly tell which specs of relay we have to put it??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    Try eliminating any delay to stop in VFD parameters and use controller software. This will at least help narrow down to cause.
    What to you mean by controller software?we are using Mach 3 Mill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Before We were using this relay then when is electronically short or fuse we replace with local relay as shown in other pictures

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Don't need to send a video, just post some photos of the wiring and how you are controlling the VFD, sounds like the relay that turns On / Off the VFD is bad

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC Spindle not stop-relay-jpg   CNC Spindle not stop-replace-relay-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC Spindle not stop-imag1839-jpg   CNC Spindle not stop-imag1837-jpg   CNC Spindle not stop-imag1836-jpg   CNC Spindle not stop-imag1842-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay I will send you the pictures of wiring of our CNC machine.Yes we have changed the relay which is on and off the VFD it works good for almost 20 days then again same behavior of the spindle.I thought may be another issue in electronics.
    In your opinion no other issue in the machine OTHER THAN RELAY?Or we have to change the relay then kindly tell which specs of relay we have to put it??
    Looking at the photos, it could be noise as well, from not using shielded cable, all of these types of connections need to use a shielded cable, and the shield needs to have the shield grounded, do you have a diode across the input power to the relay this is important with this type of relay, it's called a snubber, do a search and find how to use it, or get your self a solid state relay to do the job

Do you have a shielded cable from the VFD to the Spindle, and is the Shield /screen Grounded /Earthed at both ends, this is a must also

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC Spindle not stop-diode-png   CNC Spindle not stop-grounding-shields-3-png   CNC Spindle not stop-shield-termanation-4-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

You never answered my request for the VFD Make!
    Also you need to monitor the input/command line connections when it occurs, do you have a meter?
    Al.

Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also you need to monitor the input/command line connections when it occurs, do you have a meter?
    Al.
    VFD is made from Chinese company which is "simulink" .Yes i have the meter. okay tomorrow morning i will monitor input command line connections.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Al.
    Thank you for guiding me!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looking at the photos, it could be noise as well, from not using shielded cable, all of these types of connections need to use a shielded cable, and the shield needs to have the shield grounded, do you have a diode across the input power to the relay this is important with this type of relay, it's called a snubber, do a search and find how to use it, or get your self a solid state relay to do the job

Do you have a shielded cable from the VFD to the Spindle, and is the Shield /screen Grounded /Earthed at both ends, this is a must also
    Okay thank you for your reply i will tell you after making these arrangements.

Downloads
    Uploads

VFD is made from Chinese company which is "simulink" .Yes i have the meter. okay tomorrow morning i will monitor input command line connections.
    Simulink is simulation software?
    Al.

Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Simulink is simulation software?
    Al.
    No Sorry VFD company manufacturer name is "Simphoenix" .We use Catia for simulation of 3d models. Mach 3 Mill we use for post processor

Downloads
    Uploads

No Sorry VFD company manufacturer name is "Simphoenix" .We use Catia for simulation of 3d models. Mach 3 Mill we use for post processor

What is the model number Sunfar is most likely what you have VFD Simphoenix=Sunfar

Mactec54

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast