Need Help! Hitachi Wj200 and 2.2kw spindle unsteady RPM

Thread: Hitachi Wj200 and 2.2kw spindle unsteady RPM

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hitachi Wj200 and 2.2kw spindle unsteady RPM

I have a wj200 and I have basically set the initial settings for the motor. I haven't messed with auto tune or Sensorless vector etc. Just the plain Jane settings and it's ran, for the most part, ok through a couple thousand small parts over a year period.

Last time I was running, I was probably 2 hours into it and then the spindle sounded like it was speeding up then slowing down. No faults or anything like that so I shut down as I was pretty much done for the day anyhow. My coolant temp was about 85 degrees which is normal for my setup. Maybe it was just noise I was hearing?

The spindle is a 2.2kw 24000 rpm water cooled spindle.

I have had a few runs in alum where it stalled out motor and I was doing some slot cuts with coolant but very shallow. Even my GWizard was saying I wasn't using more than half horsepower if I remember right. This is why I wanted to look into the auto tune settings etc or the Sensorless vector settings.

So...anyone have recommendations on this drive to try out some of its better features like the auto tune etc. Mach3 rpm controlled though pwm on cnc4pc c62 board.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hitachi Wj200 and 2.2kw spindle unsteady RPM

Since it's volts (0-10) that controls your frequency(RPM) I would first look there and check your connections since VFD been working well for over a year with the settings you been using.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    Since it's volts (0-10) that controls your frequency(RPM) I would first look there and check your connections since VFD been working well for over a year with the settings you been using.
    I'll have to check that.

I'm still extremely curious about using auto tune and Sensorless vector mode which is why I purchased. Any ideas

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dan911 View Post
    Well it seems like my voltage fluctuates on the analog side. For instance, I'll be running a speed where voltage is 5.50 and it will drop to 5.48 and up to 5.58. So I'm seeing a fluctuation by .1 volt which is 240 rpm. Not much but the big spike didn't happen in this test. I usually have to run for about 45 minutes before that starts to happen and I see alot higher rpm increases

Any ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads

I think you'd need a scope to check the PWM signal going into the C62.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)