Solved Chinese spindle matched to invertek VFD

Thread: Chinese spindle matched to invertek VFD

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chinese spindle matched to invertek VFD

right so had a few issues to say the least based on my last two threads but im here now.

So we received our 3Ph 400V invertek vfd and installed it today, it is powering a 3ph 220v chinese spindle.

so changed the perameters in the VFD to match the spindle name plate and when go to run the spindle the vfd starts to run up and then trips with a fault code stating over curent so either short or something.. so we incresed the ramp time no luck does the same... the spindle does try to move tho.

so the question is i have checked the resistance across the phases/windings on the spindle and each one is reading about 1 Ohm (matched) is this correct/what should i expect? but also after reading a thread where the debate about 3 pin plug spindles and earthing got a bit "heated". i have a 5 pin plug so pins 1,2,3 are drive outputs U,V,W and and earth pin (labled as) and so have i have a pin 4 should i leave that empty or is that another earth?? could that be the cause of this issue.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIR-COOLE...4AAOxyj4hTHuXp

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AIR-COOLE...gAAOxydgZTJ8eh

next is after doing more reading i have found other identical units on ebay but the stated current is for the ebay ones is 12A the sticker on ours says 9.5A is this an incorect sticker and so need to change the current to 12A in my inverter or have they sudenly change specs?

sorry if this is not clear trying my best.

regards
    chris.