urgent help required Huanyang Inverter.

Thread: urgent help required Huanyang Inverter.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default urgent help required Huanyang Inverter.

Hi there guys, have an urgent request for information.

I fired up my inverter just now to set all the perameters ready for our kuka robotic arm comitioning tomorow and the inverter is doing something strange and cant find a reason.

upon power on the power light lights and the screen just displays "8." that is it the cooling fan spins and that is it.

i had the thing powered up correctly as per the manual only the other week and now it is doing this any ideas what i could be, im going to check fuses and power conectinos but apart from that im on the dark with little experience with these units

hope some one can help!

regards
    chris

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: urgent help required Huanyang Inverter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderz View Post
    Hi there guys, have an urgent request for information.

I fired up my inverter just now to set all the perameters ready for our kuka robotic arm comitioning tomorow and the inverter is doing something strange and cant find a reason.

upon power on the power light lights and the screen just displays "8." that is it the cooling fan spins and that is it.

i had the thing powered up correctly as per the manual only the other week and now it is doing this any ideas what i could be, im going to check fuses and power conectinos but apart from that im on the dark with little experience with these units

hope some one can help!

regards
    chris
    This is an unusual fault, are you using 3 phase or single phase

It's sensing an over current, check wiring and Parameters

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails urgent help required Huanyang Inverter.-fault-8-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

using 3 phase 400v.

just got to that page in my manual and didnt realise the (8) meant fault number but just a paragraph number! opos!

ill check my wiring again but had the chap come to comition the robot yesterday and he didnt see any isues with my wiring i will double check this morning tho.

regards
    chris

Downloads
    Uploads

checked all my wiring and all conected correct not got the spindle connected as need to set the peramters first.

contacted the seller and he recomended

" Plese open the case of the VFD. Unplug right cable and the nreplug it firmly. After this step, plese check vfd display works well again. if not, please go ahead to check chip of left side. Please look carefully if there is lack solder place"

dont that and now ther eisnt even a number on the screen just the power light lit.

from reading another thread we have a dead VFD direct from seller! great!

regards
    chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderz View Post
    checked all my wiring and all conected correct not got the spindle connected as need to set the peramters first.

contacted the seller and he recomended

" Plese open the case of the VFD. Unplug right cable and the nreplug it firmly. After this step, plese check vfd display works well again. if not, please go ahead to check chip of left side. Please look carefully if there is lack solder place"

dont that and now ther eisnt even a number on the screen just the power light lit.

from reading another thread we have a dead VFD direct from seller! great!

regards
    chris
    This happens sometimes, make sure the VFD you buy is the real thing, there are lots of copies of this VFD, and most likely you have one of them

Mactec54

ericks

Sorry to hear about your issues with the VFD. Personally i would never buy one of those units. I received one with my 6040 originally....i gave away both the VFD and water cooled spindle motor. Understandably the cost is a huge factor for many people but i really did not trust using that combination.....bought a German router (Kress) and although its a bit noisy its been great a few years now.

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks ericks after all the help you gave me also! we have an inertek unit arriving today, had already good technical support from them in just finding the correct unit for our aplication and it was very reasonably priced. we have a kress spindle on out 3-axis router and that has been running for 4 years or so now and never skipped a beat. as you said yes a little noisy but does the job for the price. will get a video up of our KUKA arm cutting stuff once comitioning has finished this week.!

ericks

All the best....hope you get it sorted soon