Newbie Connecting it all

Thread: Connecting it all

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Connecting it all

Hello,

I am about to start assembly of my first CNC router and would like some pointers to whether or not I am heading in the right direction here.
    Bought a Mitsubishi FR-D720S 1,5kW VFD w matching EMI filter. The spindle is 800W.

Right now Im most worried about wiring the VFD. Seems to be a common source of confusion atleast.
    Those worries came after reading the VFD manual, leading me to doubt my initial plan. Cant help but think the recommended circuit breakers and peripheral devices are a bit overkill for my purpose? But im certainly no electrician.
    It states I need a NF32 xx 3P 32A MCCB without a reactor. NF32 xx 16A with a reactor. Aswell as a S-N10 MC, regardless of using a reactor or not.

Im considering leaving out the MCCB, MC and reactor as I planned initially. Going directly from the 16A mains CB <-> wall outlet <-> 8A (125+%) CB <-> power switch <-> EMI filter <-> VFD .
    Not sure about the 8A fuse, considering potential inrush but the VFD has an inrush limiting circuit for what its worth.

One part of me says its all going to trip and everything will catch fire, the other part says it will be fine.