PUMA SM Thyristor controller to Breakout board connection

Thread: PUMA SM Thyristor controller to Breakout board connection

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default PUMA SM Thyristor controller to Breakout board connection

Hello,
    I am new to this and learning as I go. I have retrofitted an older D&M 4 CNC lathe that was designed for a classroom learning environment. I have everything working with a breakout board except the PUMA SM spindle controller. The controller is still connected to the original controls of the lathe using pins 1, 3 and 4 but I am not sure what type of input they are supplying. The goal is to have Mach 3 Turn control the spindle speed.
    I was wondering if anyone could explain how I can connect the breakout board to the controller using the 0-10V output or the PWM output from the BB. My concerns are what physical connections are needed between the boards and what jumper settings are needed on the controller board? Also do I need to connect anything to the torque control input?
    Attached is the documentation for the BB and the PUMA SM Thyristor controller.
    If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.
    Thanks for looking.