Mach3 Huanyang VFD Bridgeport Problems

Thread: Mach3 Huanyang VFD Bridgeport Problems

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Mach3 Huanyang VFD Bridgeport Problems

Well my friends I have been struggling for three weeks to get Mach3 to control the spindle I have tried everything that I can think of,

The motor is 3 hp 220 / 460 4 poleThe VFD is a Huanyang it works manually with the mill but not through Mach3.

I will upload my XML file tomorrow, I have reset everything and started again.

The first question I have is will this type of motor work with PWM or Step Dir, I don't understand the difference ?

All help is appreciated

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 Huanyang VFD Bridgeport Problems

Quote Originally Posted by lt00273 View Post
    Well my friends I have been struggling for three weeks to get Mach3 to control the spindle I have tried everything that I can think of,

The motor is 3 hp 220 / 460 4 poleThe VFD is a Huanyang it works manually with the mill but not through Mach3.

I will upload my XML file tomorrow, I have reset everything and started again.

The first question I have is will this type of motor work with PWM or Step Dir, I don't understand the difference ?

All help is appreciated
    It mostly will depend on how you have the VFD connected to your breakout board, PWM is used most of the time, this will output from you Breakout Board 0-10v which controls the speed, you then need a relay to turn the VFD On / Off if you need Reverse then you need 2 Relays setup to control Forward / Reverse

Mactec54