Solved Need help with chinese huanyang vfd and 5axis parallel bob

Thread: Need help with chinese huanyang vfd and 5axis parallel bob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Need help with chinese huanyang vfd and 5axis parallel bob

Hi, i came across a funny and anoying situation when i wiered the vfd to breakout board...
    after 3 days of trial and error i figured out what was wrong.
    I am using a cheap 5 axis breakout board wich can control the spindle On/Off and Speed ...
    All these boards (no matter what brand/version/design) have an relay output and 0~10v for controlling speed (vi)
    so i wired "for" with "dcm" to relay and "acm" with "vi" to 0~10v
    I configured mach3 as in bob manual...
    I Configured vfd parameters as any other did (forum examples/youtube/etc)
    hit run spindle from mach3, nothing, i heard the relay clicking and mach3 went directly in fault
    mode "limit switch triggered"
    3 days it did the same thing... sometimes the spindle spins 5-10 times
    i tried to start the spindle manual (without relay) and control the speed... again same error
    i tried to start the slindle with the relay and control the speed manual... same error
    then i went to mach3 settings and disabled all the limits/homming switches, Surprise!! It works like a charm
    when i enable the limit switches the error appear right away...

i am using 2 lpt ports (1 native pc motherboard) which controls motor drivers and 3 of the 8 limit switches
    and 1 pci card which controls the other 5 limit switches

all 8 limit switches are inductive and work from 10v to 30v, all of their outputs are optoisolated trough a diy board. Right now they are powered by a 2amp 12v power supply which also powers the bob 12-24v side
    The isolated part is powered by a 1.5amp 5v power supply, which also powers the bob 5v side.

The "limit switch triggered" error appears only if i use the 3 inputs from the 5axis board, the other 5 from the second lpt does not have this problem

The limit inputs from the 5axis bob are 11,12 and 13, i disabled the internal optocouplers from this board thinking this is the problem... but it didn't ...

what in the cnc world is causing my problem?
    Is the 5v power supply current insufficient ?
    is the stupid relay causing this problem? As far as i know it's powere from 5v side...

anyone had this problem? Any ideea? Thanks!