Need Help! VFD wiring for Mach3 control...

Thread: VFD wiring for Mach3 control...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default VFD wiring for Mach3 control...

Hi everyone,
    I am new to the CNC world and have just concluded building my own greenbull 4x8 with a YL-600-2S-2K20 P 220V VFD and a RedFly Mach3 USB controller. I have been searching the internet for the past few weeks nonstop trying to find a solution for the wiring on my specific VFD I was sent to have spindle control through Mach3. Everytime I would google the VFD model it would show a different model so I don't know if the one I have is a newer version of that model or a knock-off or what, but the pinout on mine is unlike anything I was able to find. The merchant that sold me the VFD told me they can't find a solution to machine control with this pinout and that I am on my own which is unfortunate because I know there are other people who have this model and same problem as well. I am including pics of VFD and pins, the RedFly and the wiring diagram. Note that on the wiring diagram it just says "Start/Stop, GND & AVI" but does not indicate which pins those are and as far as I know that information is not available anywhere. The manual is in Chinese and when I use google translate all it is is VFD program values and settings. I also found a program for VFD plugin control in Mach3 but that runs via RS485, which, as a newbie, I don't know how to wire that either. Not sure which way I should set it up. Please, any help would be appreciated on how to solve this problem.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VFD wiring for Mach3 control...-vfd-front-jpg   VFD wiring for Mach3 control...-vfd-upc-jpg   VFD wiring for Mach3 control...-vfd-pinout-jpg   VFD wiring for Mach3 control...-redfly-mach3-controller-jpg  

VFD wiring for Mach3 control...-wiring-diagram-jpg  

Default Re: VFD wiring for Mach3 control...

I am in the same situation. Purchased the exact controller mentioned and was surprised at the level (not) of documentation. Google searches yield some returns (based on model number) but illustrations/instructions are not the same device. I am also working to interface to Mach 3. Does anyone have pin-out description ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by stealthwurx View Post
    I am new to the CNC world and have just concluded building my own greenbull 4x8 with a YL-600-2S-2K20 P 220V VFD and a RedFly Mach3 USB controller. I have been searching the internet for the past few weeks nonstop trying to find a solution for the wiring on my specific VFD I was sent to have spindle control through Mach3. ]
    So you are new to CNC and you purchased a VFD with absolutely no information or manual?
    And I suspect also absolutely no support.
    So how do you intend to set up the necessary parameters etc?
    Also how do you expect those here to help over the supplier which appears to have thrown his hands up?
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

I also found a program for VFD plugin control in Mach3 but that runs via RS485, which, as a newbie, I don't know how to wire that either.
    It likely won't work anyway, as the Mach3 plugins that I'm aware of are for the huanyang VFD.

If you bought that VFD from BuildyourCNC, send it back to them and buy a Huanyang for $130, which has good documentation, and is used my the majority of members here.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Ouch, Okay so I trusted BuildYourCNC because I've always had good experience with their products.
    I'm going to give him a couple days to respond to a request for more 'documentation' and if nothing, I'll probably go with your recommendation for the Huanyang controller.

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you ever get this VFD to work with Mach3 controlling the spindle?