I recently replaced my Mitsubishi FR-SE spindle drive with a Hitachi SJ700D cause repairs were going to be too expensive. Its in a Leadwell MCV-550E. I have it hooked up and all is good on the power and speed ability of the drive. It runs off the controls great and can even read both analog meters. Where I'm having problems is with the orient feature of the drive. I have the SJ-FB card installed and a RLS ring encoder on the spindle shaft and can see the pulses from the encoder with my oscilloscope so I know they're there. The encoder has a, a not, b, b not, z, and z not and all are working. I believe its a setting in the drive but I have tried almost all the settings and am at a loss to get it to orient. If anybody has hooked up a Hitachi SJ700D and got the orient to work I would like to ask how you did it? I have been in contact with Hitachi and the people that sold me the drive and neither can seem to figure it out. I am kind of desparate for help as I have been working on this orient for about 6 months now and still haven't got it working yet.