I am working on converting a Tree Journeyman J330 to use a new Mitsubishi VFD and MACH III for control with Gecko G320X driver cards and new power supplies. I have the VFD programmed so it works manually and now am wanting to get the software to control the spindle (one step at a time) but am unsure is the spindle uses a tach or encoder for an output signal. I have an original schematic however I can't tell what it outputs from the drawing. Please bear with me as this is my first experience working with CNC machinery and converting it. I had a guy that helped me with wiring however that is not complete either as the home and limit switches are still to be wired. I believe the rest of the machine is ready to run however we have not tested the axis motors (the belts are disconnected for the time being to prevent failures) When I am in MACH III I go to the spindle calibration and try to do auto calibrate and it appears to be testing however nothing on the machine itself happens (the spindle does not move). Any advice is greatly appreciated.

New vfd for conversion with MACH III need setup help-dscn3707-jpg