Mach3, Sunfar VFD, and Chinese 5-axis BOB - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mach3, Sunfar VFD, and Chinese 5-axis BOB

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3, Sunfar VFD, and Chinese 5-axis BOB

Quote Originally Posted by sh1224 View Post
    HelloNleo22
    sounds like you have had more success than I have with being able to run m4 as well as m3, but then again I havent tried it yet.
    As for the RPM being enabled, do you mean being able to control the speed of the spindle or are you referring to the RPM on the Mach3 screen under the spindle start button.
    Also if it is me you are asking what size spindle I am running it is written below in entry No17.
    If you want to control your speed through Mach3 read the whole thread below and you will see how mactec54 and ceramic man have helped me get to where I can actually cut chips as they say. They have been so helpful and knowledgeable that I have jumped ahead in leaps and bounds.
    i am still working through minor issues as in how to get my breakout board to start my water cooler as well as the spindle, and how to design a spoil board that can do much more than just spoil.......lol!
    hope I helped in some small way
    cheers sh1224
    To turn your pump / cooler on if not rated more than the Relay in the VFD drive, ( 1 amp max ) you can use that, to turn it on / off, it is the simplest way to do it, the other way would be to have a Relay to turn on the Pump from any spare outputs from your Breakout Board

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mactec54,
    I'm going with your second option and have just ordered a relay board from EBay so looking forward to getting that up and running cause at the moment I have to get up and plug the pump in Manually....... That's not what CNC is about, it's about the computer doing all the work isn't it?
    cheers and thanks again
    sh1224

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ceramic Man

Hope you could help me troubleshoot the wiring of the Sunfar E300. I just want to asked if you have connected the X1 to X3 sunfar terminal to BOB? As in your configuration F1.7 to F1.9 was set to 1,2 & 3 respectively. Also the FV you mention above are you refering to "FOR" terminal? I've notice that the spindle will turn on if I connect the FOR terminal to CM, but I cannot control the speed in MACH3 software.
    BOB Pin layout below:
    - ?? Relay (Pin1) (no idea about the input)
    - CM_Relay (Pin2)
    - CM_GND (Pin3)
    - +10 Volts (Pin4)
    - 0-10V (AI) (Pin5)
    - CM_Gnd (Pin6)

then FWD to (pin 17)

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jocartz30 View Post
    Hi Ceramic Man

Hope you could help me troubleshoot the wiring of the Sunfar E300. I just want to asked if you have connected the X1 to X3 sunfar terminal to BOB? As in your configuration F1.7 to F1.9 was set to 1,2 & 3 respectively. Also the FV you mention above are you refering to "FOR" terminal? I've notice that the spindle will turn on if I connect the FOR terminal to CM, but I cannot control the speed in MACH3 software.
    BOB Pin layout below:
    - ?? Relay (Pin1) (no idea about the input)
    - CM_Relay (Pin2)
    - CM_GND (Pin3)
    - +10 Volts (Pin4)
    - 0-10V (AI) (Pin5)
    - CM_Gnd (Pin6)

then FWD to (pin 17)

Thanks.
    To connect / Jumper the FWD and CM is Ok for testing, this needs to be switched by a Relay, so if you Breakout Board has a Relay then you should connect this Relay between the FWD and CM terminals

You need to check that the 0-10v is changing when you do a M3S12000 it should read 5v and 10v for 24,000 once you get this working then connecting to the VFD

The 0-10v PWM connection is Terminal AI and Ground Terminal, Depending on what Model VFD you have this connection may be AI and CM check in your VFD Manual to see which way they have it connected

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mach3, Sunfar VFD, and Chinese 5-axis BOB-relay-connection-2-png  
    Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Mactec 54,

Thank you for your reply. However when I issue M3 S12000 mach3 send an error "limit switch triggered". This also comes out everytime I press to start the spindle button in mach3. I dont understand why it issue a limit switch error. See photo below. CM is connected to GND as Sunfar E300 dont have ground terminal see sunfar photo below. Also, do you know how P17-PWM in the BOB works or what is it for?

Thanks,
    jocartz30

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mach3, Sunfar VFD, and Chinese 5-axis BOB-bobsetup-jpg   Mach3, Sunfar VFD, and Chinese 5-axis BOB-bobsetup-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jocartz30 View Post
    Hi Mactec 54,

Thank you for your reply. However when I issue M3 S12000 mach3 send an error "limit switch triggered". This also comes out everytime I press to start the spindle button in mach3. I dont understand why it issue a limit switch error. See photo below. CM is connected to GND as Sunfar E300 dont have ground terminal see sunfar photo below. Also, do you know how P17-PWM in the BOB works or what is it for?

Thanks,
    jocartz30
    P17 don't go there

First you need a 12v power supply this is needed for the PWM, this is connected 12v and Ground on the Breakout Board, do not jumper the relay with the Ground, on the Breakout Board, I guess you have the 5v supply connected to the Breakout Board

You have noise in the system that is why you are getting the limit switch triggered, you need to use shielded cable for your wiring

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ceramic Man View Post
    Ok sh1224, I got those settings for you. For anybody that uses this info, these settings are for the following setup:
    Sunfar E-300-2S0015 inverter with 1.5kw chinese spindle motor, chinese "5-axis breakout board", and Mach 3 control. I don't remember which inverter settings are relevant, so I just listed all the settings up to F3.0. I know I didn't change any settings past the F2.X's

Inverter settings:
    F0.0 = 1
    F0.1 = 0
    F0.2 = 1001
    F0.3 = 0
    F0.4 = 400
    F0.5 = 5.0
    F0.6 = 5.0
    F0.7 = 0
    F0.8 = 8.0
    F0.9 = 0
    F0.10 = 0
    F0.11 = 0
    F0.12 = 400
    F0.13 = 220
    F0.14 = 10.0
    F0.15 = 10.0
    F1.0 = 0
    F1.1 = 10
    F1.2 = 0
    F1.3 = 400
    F1.4 = 0
    F1.5 = 0.0
    F1.6 = 10.0
    F1.7 = 1
    F1.8 = 2
    F1.9 = 3
    F1.10 = 0000
    F1.11 = 0
    F1.12 = 8
    F1.13 = 5.0
    F1.14 = 10.0
    F1.15 = 2.0
    F1.16 = 110
    F1.17 = 2.0
    F2.0 = 1.0
    F2.1 = 0.0
    F2.2 = 0
    F2.3 = 3.0
    F2.4 = 0.0
    F2.5 = 10
    F2.6 = 10.0
    F2.7 = 10.0
    F2.8 = 170
    F2.9 = 100
    F2.10 = 370

Inverter wiring connections:
    L1: 220v AC L1
    L2: 220v AC L2
    U: spindle motor
    V: spindle motor
    W: spindle motor It does not matter how U, V, and W are connected. If the spindle runs backward, just swap any 2 wires around.
    CM: Common ground to 0-10v gnd on BOB, and to relay ground (common ground for all pins) on BOB
    FV: Pin 17 on BOB (pin 17 is the relay output. Make sure the P17 jumper is installed on the BOB)
    AI: +0-10v output terminal on BOB

Mach 3 settings:

Ports and Pins
    Motor outputs
    Spindle
    -check enable, step low active, and dir low active
    -step pin 1
    -dir pin 0
    -step port 1
    -dir port 0
    Output Signals
    output #1
    -check enable and active low
    -port 1
    -pin 17
    Spindle setup
    -UNcheck "disable spindle relays"
    -Clockwise M3 output #1
    -Counterclockwise M4 output #2
    -check "use spindle motor output"
    -check "PWM control"
    -PWM base freq. = 35
    -min PWM = 5
    Motor tuning
    Spindle
    -steps per = 1
    -velocity = 114660
    -acceleration = 16905
    Spindle pulleys
    -pulley #1
    -min = -4500
    -max = 25000
    -ratio = 1

I don't know if this is the correct way to have everything set, but it works for me. I had to play around with the spindle pulley min/max values to get the spindle to run at the approximate correct RPM. It won't necessarily run at the exact RPM set by your S command, but it will be reasonably close (within about 5%)
    Ceramic man can you ad a diagram of your bob connection to inverter please please

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12