new versions of Huanyang VFD -- can they use a braking resistor? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new versions of Huanyang VFD -- can they use a braking resistor?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: new versions of Huanyang VFD -- can they use a braking resistor?

Quote Originally Posted by unterhaus View Post
    lonewolf55, thanks for your clarifying posts. The ebay vendor I bought from went to great lengths to make it look like my drive is a real HY, so I hope they weren't lying. I have never seen anyone list a HY vfd with the braking circuit as an option, do you know of a vendor?

what is that part number? Google refuses to reveal. I have never seen a reference to anyone messing with the firmware before now. Are these VFD's controlled by an 8051 device?
    It is very easy to tell if you have a HY VFD or not all the clones / copies use different Parameters sets, and even though they look the same they even have a different name

Yes they have a MCU that controls all the VFD functions, faults Etc, it would not be a VFD drive without a controlling device, such as a CPU or a MCU,

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf55 View Post
    ok first off to Get a unit that has the Brake option installed one needs to contact the HY reps and request this feature at either this website Huanyang Electrical Co Ltd - China Exporter, Manufacturer | HKTDC

or you need to contact support at this website, it is in Chinese so you may need to use your Browser Translate feature ??????????

Ok now for information on the MCU that controls this inverter PN 0260F8A see this Data Sheet and you should have all the info you need https://www.renesas.com/en-in/doc/pr...1_16c26ads.pdf

From that point it should not be hard to figure out what Programmer to use, anyway I'm sorry the other person doesn't understand that an IGBT is not called a MOSFET but the Part number of the IGBT is FGH60N60SMD and the Zener Diodes are 1N4746A for D3 I use a 1N4007.

But anyway I'm not here in these Forums asking for help with inverters, but I do hope my posts are helpful to those that are asking for help
    You don't have to contact the manufacture, to get a HY with the Braking Resistor, both are out there being sold, with or without the braking resistor function

The part # you where quoting is a MOS FET TLP701

Attached Files Attached Files
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

the Part number of the IGBT is FGH60N60SMD and the Zener Diodes are 1N4746A for D3 I use a 1N4007.

But anyway I'm not here in these Forums asking for help with inverters, but I do hope my posts are helpful to those that are asking for help
    you have been very helpful, thank you. That IGBT part number is for the 4kw version? It turns out my VFD has the same circuit board as the one in the link I gave before A Different Kind of Chinese Motor Controller?! Adding Dynamic Braking to your Inexpensive Chinese VFD | equals zero I didn't see where to put the zeners, but I haven't really disassembled the drive fully, it's still in the cabinet of my lathe. Hopefully I can get my friend to solder the surface mount parts, I don't have much experience with that.

ok, there is a schematic of the 2.2kw version here Huanyang VFD controller plugin
    so I think I'm ok on the mods needed. I guess there are no pads for the zeners.

Last edited by unterhaus; 01-03-2018 at 11:52 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

unterhaus ... that is correct there are no pads for the Zener Placement on the Braking IGBT they need to be soldered direct to the IGBT pin pads, they connect the same way as on the schematic of the 2.2kw units.
    The IGBT part number and the Optocoupler part numbers I gave you are for the 4KW units as that was the unit you were asking about they are not for the 2.2kw it uses different components.

Downloads
    Uploads

you have been very helpful, thank you. That IGBT part number is for the 4kw version? It turns out my VFD has the same circuit board as the one in the link I gave before A Different Kind of Chinese Motor Controller?! Adding Dynamic Braking to your Inexpensive Chinese VFD | equals zero I didn't see where to put the zeners, but I haven't really disassembled the drive fully, it's still in the cabinet of my lathe. Hopefully I can get my friend to solder the surface mount parts, I don't have much experience with that.

ok, there is a schematic of the 2.2kw version here Huanyang VFD controller plugin
    so I think I'm ok on the mods needed. I guess there are no pads for the zeners.
    Here is the schematic, for the 2.2Kw Drive, they are all close to the same though, I posted this many times, over the last 5 years, but they get lost in the web jungle, the PDF was made from this, just so it is easier to see the needed part placements

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new versions of Huanyang VFD -- can they use a braking resistor?-vfd-layout-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Interestingly, HuanYang electrical just showed up on Amazon. They use a power module. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0775DC75F?m=A3A1CXRHIIBHYY

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

that Schematic is no help at all and not even related to this Thread, I'm sure you will find this more helpful.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails new versions of Huanyang VFD -- can they use a braking resistor?-hy_2-2_vfd-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Interestingly, HuanYang electrical just showed up on Amazon. They use a power module. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0775DC75F?m=A3A1CXRHIIBHYY
    Also NOTE: as I stated before you can request the Braking option to be added by HuanYang

Question:
    Can I use a braking resistor on this vfd?

Answer:
    Discharging function is needed for mounting braking resistor on VFD. If you need to mount braking resistor, we can mount the function on the VFD we sell to you.
    By Huanyang Electrical SELLER on December 7, 2017

Downloads
    Uploads

that Schematic is no help at all and not even related to this Thread, I'm sure you will find this more helpful.

Sorry you are late to the party

He already has that Schematic, so I did not bother to post it, that is one of which was done by me, the box below used to have my name in

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes there Power module is similar to what we manufacture. you are going to see a lot more VFD Drives and Servo Drives with this new technology it's a much better control method, the only draw back is you can't just replace a chip, if you have a drive problem, you have to replace the whole power module, which will contain most of the main electronics MCU Etc these are an all in one package

For you lathe you should look at the Huanyang GT series

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

sorry I'm not late to the party, that pic I posted was just from Phil who posted back in 2011, and if you are so Knowledgeable then why did you post the wrong schematic in the first place, Why are you so Condescending, did some one treat you Badly.

I guess there is no point in me posting the FW dumps or the disassembly, along with the procedures to use ICEstick since you seem to think this is all so pointless, Now I know why I don't post here often to try help others. Best of luck to you.

Downloads
    Uploads

sorry I'm not late to the party, that pic I posted was just from Phil who posted back in 2011, and if you are so Knowledgeable then why did you post the wrong schematic in the first place, Why are you so Condescending, did some one treat you Badly.

I guess there is no point in me posting the FW dumps or the disassembly, along with the procedures to use ICEstick since you seem to think this is all so pointless, Now I know why I don't post here often to try help others. Best of luck to you.
    It's not the wrong schematic, it has most of the same information on it, but not as clear, that is why you posted that schematic which he already had, I first posted that schematic in January 2011, it was copied by many others

Nothing is pointless, any information that has not be posted, is good information, even if it is not needed now, someone may need it for some other reason, I sure don't have everything, but I do have a lot of information on more than 60 different VFD drives

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the schematic. I would love to see the FW dumps, dissassembly and procedures to use the icestick.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello.
    The frequency converter broke for me - two phases were closed on the motor.
    Could you share the electrical diagram on "VFD HY01D523B" ...
    I would be very grateful to you .. (Sorry for my bad English language)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MIB29 View Post
    Hello.
    The frequency converter broke for me - two phases were closed on the motor.
    Could you share the electrical diagram on "VFD HY01D523B" ...
    I would be very grateful to you .. (Sorry for my bad English language)
    I don't think there are any newer than the schematic's from above posts, you most likely have the IGBT's and the Zener diodes to replace these usually take the hit when something like this happens

Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12