Need Help! Chinese, 220V, 1.5 kW, water cooled spindle motore

Thread: Chinese, 220V, 1.5 kW, water cooled spindle motore

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chinese, 220V, 1.5 kW, water cooled spindle motore

Hi Guys,
    I have been rebuilding and rewiring my home built CNC machine and bought a Chinese, 1.5 kW, water cooled spindle. It looks very substantial and thought that it would do what I need it to do. The only trouble is; it came without any wiring instructions for the 3 pin 'Aviation' connector. I bought the item off ebay but the company that I bought it from are no longer listed with ebay. I found out the email address of the company and wrote to them, but as is usual with the Chinese, though promising support; no sign of an answer.

I have tried working out what the connections are using my multimeter but am no better off because each of the pins is showing 4.2 Ohms between any of the other two pins. My thoughts were that if I could find the ground pin, being AC, it would not matter too much whichever way I wired the other two.

There appear to be at least three variations of 1.5 kW motors and so I have included pics of the relevant one.

Has anyone any experience of these? T

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese, 220V, 1.5 kW, water cooled spindle motore-2017-05-04-10-01-32-jpg   Chinese, 220V, 1.5 kW, water cooled spindle motore-2017-05-04-10-02-47-jpg   Chinese, 220V, 1.5 kW, water cooled spindle motore-2017-05-04-10-03-10-jpg   Chinese, 220V, 1.5 kW, water cooled spindle motore-untitled-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese, 220V, 1.5 kW, water cooled spindle motore

HI Pader

your motor does not have an earth pin on that 3 pole connector as its a 3 phase motor that should be powered by a VFD

you will find other spindle motors for sale with a 4 pin connector that very often only has 3 pins connected !!!!

a few posts on CNC Zone shows you how to wire the unused pin to the spindle motors case

from one post I save this -
    Chinese, 220V, 1.5 kW, water cooled spindle motore-adding-earth-connection-jpg

John

Downloads
    Uploads

The 3 wires go to the U, V, and W terminals on the VFD. If it spins the wrong way, just swap two of the wires.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Pader,
    You need the matching VFD to power up that spindle. It is critical that you program the VFD with the correct parameters before you start it up or you can damage the spindle and VFD. You should also use a braided shield on the cable from the motor to the VFD, the ground MUST be connected at the Spindle and the shield braid is also connected to the spindle body. Since your spindle only has three contacts those for for the three phase power. You will need to secure the ground and braided shield to the spindle body perhaps with the spindle mounting clamp. The other end of the cable connects to the VFD output power and the ground. The shield for the spindle motor must be grounded at the VFD end. There are several users like MachTec who have posted the setting in the VFD multiple times. Do NOT attempt to power this without using a VFD.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Pader View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I have been rebuilding and rewiring my home built CNC machine and bought a Chinese, 1.5 kW, water cooled spindle. It looks very substantial and thought that it would do what I need it to do. The only trouble is; it came without any wiring instructions for the 3 pin 'Aviation' connector. I bought the item off ebay but the company that I bought it from are no longer listed with ebay. I found out the email address of the company and wrote to them, but as is usual with the Chinese, though promising support; no sign of an answer.

I have tried working out what the connections are using my multimeter but am no better off because each of the pins is showing 4.2 Ohms between any of the other two pins. My thoughts were that if I could find the ground pin, being AC, it would not matter too much whichever way I wired the other two.

There appear to be at least three variations of 1.5 kW motors and so I have included pics of the relevant one.

Has anyone any experience of these? T
    Thank you John, Ger and CNCman. I much appreciate your very prompt replies. Of course, the listing did not mention that the motor required a VFD. I suppose I shall have to spend out for one though I am somewhat annoyed because I could have taken advantage of a combined spindle and VFD listing had I known which would have saved me quite a lot of money.

Thanks once again guys