Huanyang VFD Over Current Error EoCA

Thread: Huanyang VFD Over Current Error EoCA

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Huanyang VFD Over Current Error EoCA

I have been troubleshooting this issue on my HY02D223B 2.2Kw VFD for the past few days and have read pretty much any thread or article I can find on the issue. I have gone over all of the settings and performed a factory reset several times. I have checked the resistance between the three windings as well as each winding and the ground. I am getting .8-1.6 between each winding and no reading from each winding to ground. The Amp readout on the VFD keeps climbing when I press the 'Run' button. It cuts off at 12 Amps and gives a EoCA error. My current settings are:

PD000 - 0
    PD001 - 0
    PD002 - 1
    PD003 - 400

PD004 - 400
    PD005 - 400
    PD006 - 2.5
    PD007 - .5
    PD009 - 13
    PD010 - 6.5
    PD014 - 10
    PD015 - 10
    PD041 - 8
    PD071 - 20
    PD072 - 400
    PD073 - 0
    PD141 - 220
    PD142 - 8.5 (from motor plate)
    PD143 - 2
    PD144 - 3600

I have uploaded a video to YouTube to show the error.

I have also included pictures of the current wiring set up and a red LED that is on and visible through the top of the VFD. The LED is in the upper right of the last picture

Any help would be great!

Nate

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang VFD Over Current Error EoCA-img_5342-jpg   Huanyang VFD Over Current Error EoCA-img_5341-jpg   Huanyang VFD Over Current Error EoCA-img_5345-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang VFD Over Current Error EoCA

I think that they should be closer than 0.8-1.6. You may have a bad spindle.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

That seems to be the consensus. Is there a way to test this to make sure the spindle is bad? I did just pop the connector off the top of the spindle and pin 4 (ground) is not connected to anything. It should still work even though that is not connected to the body though, right? I know it is good practice to ground it, but for troubleshooting purposes, that would not be the issue.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, it should still work. I have two spindles I'm testing on my bench with no ground wires on pin 4.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just checked the resistance on the spindle again and it measures as follows:
    1-2= 1.0
    2-3= .7
    1-3= 1.4

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by nates02gt View Post
    I just checked the resistance on the spindle again and it measures as follows:
    1-2= 1.0
    2-3= .7
    1-3= 1.4
    Then you definitely have a bad spindle (shorted turns). All three windings should have identical DC resistance.

Downloads
    Uploads

On my air cooled spindles, I get 2.4-2.5 on all 3.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Downloads
    Uploads

What was PD008 set at, this is important, that all the parameters are set correct, this one if set in correct can damage the spindle

You have not followed the Parameter list that I have posted many times, do you have a 220v supply to the VFD, if so cover the white wire it is illegal to use a white wire as a power wire

1.4 to 1.6 is the norm for the 2.2Kw spindles, measured between pins on the spindle connector

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec,
    PD008 was set at 220. I have 220V (actually 240V) supplied to the VFD. Both hot lines measure 120-122. I have seen your list of settings and believe that I have followed them. The problem that I am running into and it is a combination of my lack of knowledge and probably reading too much is that there are several different setting lists out there for the HY VFD and they all seem to vary. I really want to learn how this works and it is quite difficult when there are several opposing or at least differing settings that users claim work. For example, some setting lists state that the Hz settings PD003-PD005 and PD072 should be set to 400 while others claim that they should be set to 60 or somewhere in between. The same thing goes for the RPM's and the motor Amp rating. Some say the RPM's should be 3000 while others claim it is 3600. I am new to all this so it is a bit difficult to weed through proper and improper settings that others claim to have worked.
    Thank you for pointing out the wire issue. I will get it taken care of so no one gets confused. It is a personal machine that I have at my home, so the risk is minimal but I do like to have things done correctly.

Nate

Downloads
    Uploads

For example, some setting lists state that the Hz settings PD003-PD005 and PD072 should be set to 400 while others claim that they should be set to 60 or somewhere in between.
    The settings need to match the motor. On a 400Hz spindle, they get set to 400.
    On a 60Hz standard motor, you set them to 60.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec,
    PD008 was set at 220. I have 220V (actually 240V) supplied to the VFD. Both hot lines measure 120-122. I have seen your list of settings and believe that I have followed them. The problem that I am running into and it is a combination of my lack of knowledge and probably reading too much is that there are several different setting lists out there for the HY VFD and they all seem to vary. I really want to learn how this works and it is quite difficult when there are several opposing or at least differing settings that users claim work. For example, some setting lists state that the Hz settings PD003-PD005 and PD072 should be set to 400 while others claim that they should be set to 60 or somewhere in between. The same thing goes for the RPM's and the motor Amp rating. Some say the RPM's should be 3000 while others claim it is 3600. I am new to all this so it is a bit difficult to weed through proper and improper settings that others claim to have worked.
    Thank you for pointing out the wire issue. I will get it taken care of so no one gets confused. It is a personal machine that I have at my home, so the risk is minimal but I do like to have things done correctly.

Nate
    As Gerry has said, different AC motors run at different Hz settings, a normal low speed ac motor will run at 60 Hz to 120Hz max in NA, your Spindle is High speed and is 400Hz the VFD can not be set for any other number for these spindles or you will damage it, it takes about 5 seconds with the wrong Parameters to do the damage

3000 is the correct setting to get 24,000 RPM, 3600 won't do anything different, or cause any problem, it's just a number, 3000 is the max to get 24,000 RPM

There is a lot of bad information out on the web, and also a lot of burnt up spindle motors and VFD Drives because of it

You can use Red or Black Heat shrink tubing on your wire, you should do both ends, if you want to be compliant

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec and Gerry,
    Thanks for the info. I will keep all of that handy for when I get my new spindle. I have plenty of red and black heat shrink so I guess I can take care of that while I am waiting.

Nate

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec and Gerry,
    Thanks for the info. I will keep all of that handy for when I get my new spindle. I have plenty of red and black heat shrink so I guess I can take care of that while I am waiting.

Nate
    Here are the essential Parameters that need to be set, for a trouble free start up

Huanyang Mactec54
    PD000=0 for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock

PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0 ( 1 For 0-10v Terminal Control or Remote Trim Pot Control ) ( J1 Also Needs to be set for Terminal Control )

PD003=400

PD004=400

PD005=400

PD007=20

PD008=220 (Motor Rated Voltage, If you have 120v spindle then set to 120v )

PD009=15

PD010=8

PD011=120 ( 100 Minimum Setting with Quality VFD, 120 is Safe)

PD13= 08 is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings

PD014 Acceleration=12 ( Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deceleration=12 (Adjust to suit) ( PD15 is ignored IF PD26=1 Then the Spindle will Coast to a Stop)

PD141=220 ( Motor Rated Voltage ) (120 for VFD Rated for 120v )

PD142= ( Motor Max Amps)
    PD142=( 220vSet for your motor Amp Rating 2.2Kw Spindle 9 amp )
    PD142=( 220VSet for your motor Amp Rating 1.5Kw Spindle 7 amp )
    PD142=( 220v Set for your motor Amps Rating 800w Spindle 4 amps )
    PD142=( 120v Set for your motor Amp Rating 800w Spindle 7 amp )

PD143=2 ( Motor Number of Poles)

PD144=3000 (Max Motor RPM) =3,000= (24,000)

PD70=0 ( This may need to be set to 1 if Control Voltage is 0-5v )

PD72=400

PD73=120 ( 100 Minimum Setting )

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did you ever fix it ? having same issues on my 110V spindle? It spins and soon quits after VFD shows A.OL in display

Raptor60
    Raptor40
    Futaba9chp

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by aashu View Post
    Did you ever fix it ? having same issues on my 110V spindle? It spins and soon quits after VFD shows A.OL in display
    What VFD are you using

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    What VFD are you using
    I am using 110v 1.5kw. I was actually able to figure out. I know I had put it right nut I believe it was pd008 that was supposed to be 110 was wrongly set as 220

Raptor60
    Raptor40
    Futaba9chp

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by aashu View Post
    I am using 110v 1.5kw. I was actually able to figure out. I know I had put it right nut I believe it was pd008 that was supposed to be 110 was wrongly set as 220
    I meant what name brand VFD are you using, I see by the Parameter you just posted you have a HY

From having this problem how do you have it wired for your 120v single phase input supply the VFD can be Damaged if this is incorrect

Mactec54

Hello, i just joined the DIY CNC-world. And I ofcourse ran into troubles. I have the similar issue as nates. Before that the 2,2 kw spindle started smoking while i was setting up the vfd. I tried again with the parameters of mactec54. Got the spindle running again but it stopped while ramping up and the vfd threw the EOCA and EOCN error codes. I addition i cant adjust the speed with the built in potentiometer anymore. It just keeps ramping up until error. I have the HY02D223B connected to a 230 V powerline (german). I cant set PD003 to 400. I can only set it to 50 maximum.

Were you able to solve the issue?